Wednesday, August 9, 2023

theme week: lip products (winky lux flower balm pH lip balm)

Talk about a current obsession. Or maybe a long-term obsession. I've been using the Winky Lux Flower Balm pH Lip Balm consistently for the last several months...and see no end in sight. I am absolutely obsessed with this adorable lip stain. This product was something that immediately caught my eye. I just loved the idea of there being an actual flower tucked away inside the product. How fabulous! Since I am a sucker for cute packaging and unique products, this was really a no-brainer kind of purchase. The unknown was whether or not this Winky Lux product would actually perform well. Here are all the details...


As you can see from the photo above, this is a seriously unique product. The pH Lip Balm itself is clear, which makes it possible to see the small pink flower inside. It is so gorgeous! The Winky Lux Flower Balm pH Lip Balm has three different options, pink, purple, and blue, but are all said to perform the same way. That being said...I have both the pink and blue version. I notice that when I wear the pink version of the pH lip balm, my lips are tinted more of a light pink colour. When I wear the blue version of the pH lip balm, my lips are tinted in a slightly more berry colour. It is a subtle difference, but it definitely dictates which version I will reach for on any given day. I'm not exactly sure why there is a bit of a difference between the two, especially when the brand states that the results will be the same, but I don't mind it at any rate. I like that small bit of difference! 

According to Winky Lux, this is a vegan pH lip stain that "blossoms to a uniquely you shade of pink." It is supposed to glide on sheer and then "merge with your lips natural pH levels, creating a personalized shade of pink and leaving lips petal soft. The flower inside is a real chrysanthemum, making this a beautifully unique addition to your lip routine." All of the claims are true. The product glides on clear and it is smooth to apply. Over the next minute or so, the colour starts to appear. What I love is that this is a stain. The colour isn't going anywhere! That is probably why the Winky Lux product is a must for me. I love a good lip stain because it doesn't require maintenance or touch ups throughout the day. It doesn't come off on the sides of glassware. It just...stays put. Since the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains have been discontinued for years and years and years (I was totally obsessed with them back in the day) this is a pretty great alternative when I want a gorgeous pink look. 


The picture above showcases the pH Lip Balm and how it performs on my lips. The pink version stains my lips a nice light pink (which I love) and the blue version makes them a bit deeper and has more of a berry tone than that pale pink. Again, the brand says that the different versions perform the same, so I can't exactly explain this...but I love both versions at any rate. It is just a nice no brainer kind of product that lasts all day long. I am totally obsessed with the Winky Lux Flower Balm pH Lip Balm. 

Have you tried anything from Winky Lux? What do you think of the flower inside of the balm?

6 comments:

  1. That looks super cool, the flower (it reminds me almost of the one from beauty and the beast) being inside the lip balm has such a cool effect.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I didn't have the balm. looks amazing! It's beautiful, like a decoration :) If it gives a natural effect, then it's a cosmetic suitable for me. It will work on my lips :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Totally like a decoration. It is beautiful and works so well. I love it!

      Delete
  3. Wow, how cool is that Shannon. I've never seen the likes of it, and I'm totally getting why it's your current obsession! xxx

    ReplyDelete