Thursday, October 15, 2020

new in: butterfly belt bag + zebra print purse


New purses haven't exactly been on my radar lately. Partly because there hasn't been anywhere to go shopping and partly because there hasn't been anywhere to go in general. The last several months have been unusual, to say the least. Instead of trips to the mall, dinners with friends, seasonal events, and everything in between...things have mostly been quiet and focused. And that means less of a need for things like new accessories. That being said, recently my mom gifted me a couple of practical purses for this new normal we are living in. One was a butterfly belt bag (perfect for hands free trips to the grocery store or for those morning walks) and the other was a small zebra print purse (made from material that was easy to wipe down and disinfect). Who said staying safe meant sacrificing style? These have certainly been welcome additions to my life and my wardrobe. Ready to see them up close? It is time to take a better look at my latest accessories.


The first purse is Mini Satchel Handbag in Zebra Print from Addition Elle. An awful lot of my purses are made from cloth or fabrics that aren't necessarily the easiest to clean. That is precisely why my mom thought this might be a suitable purse to use while out and about. The material is polyurethane, which is essentially a plastic type of material. That makes it much easier to wipe clean or disinfect with a cleansing cloth after going out grocery shopping or something like that. These days, making sure things are disinfected after going outside is ultra important. Not only safety wise but also for my own peace of mind. I like to know I've done everything humanly possibly to keep myself (and my loved ones) safe. As you can see from this zebra print purse, it isn't just the material that is impressive. I absolutely adore the print, the gold zipper, the shape, and size of the purse. It is a mid-sized bag, despite being referred to as a Mini Satchel, and holds everything you need. Something else that I love? This can be used with just the small handles but it can also be worn with the adjustable and removable strap. That additional strap adds an extra versatility, which is always a good thing. All in all, I am loving this purse for those quick essential trips.


The second new accessory is the Steve Madden Butterfly Belt Bag in the shade Cream. Though I was hesitant when fanny packs or belt bags started coming back into style a few years ago (I had some serious flashbacks to similar styles from my youth!) in the last year or two....I have since embraced them. This particular style is convenient, hands free, and wonderfully nostalgic. Which makes this the ideal purse to have on hand. I love wearing this to the store or when I am out and about on a walk. It allows me to carry all of the essentials while limiting how often I am actually touching things. Plus, it is totally on trend. This particular Steve Madden design is both practical and stylish. I love the soft quilted fabric on the front - and all of those gorgeous brass coloured butterflies, flowers with faux pearls, and little bees. This is such a cute spring and summer piece, though I confess it will be something I continue to rock throughout the fall. The belt bag also has a removable belt. So it can either be strapped around your waist, around the body, or the belt portion itself can be taken off entirely to transform this belt bag into a cute clutch. This particular piece offers an awful lot of versatility. I adore it!

I'll be honest. It has been nice to have a couple of new accessories. Not just aesthetically but also to tackle day-to-day tasks. Having a zebra print purse and butterfly inspired belt bag to choose from whenever I need to leave the house is comforting. It's nice knowing they are easy to use, easy to clean, and hold everything that I need. One less thing to worry about!

What do you think of these purses? Which accessories have you been using lately?

16 comments:

  1. wow the belt really looks nice! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful your purchases! I like the bag very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boa tarde. Dicas belas e interessantes. Parabéns pela matéria e bom final de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes the results were really good =) You're right, fresh scents are my favourites.

    Interesting new in. I like this bag a lot =) I don't wear belts :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute little bags, and they are definitely such practical pieces for right now! When we had community transmission (we haven't had any cases for 36 days now) I stuck to just one bag whenever I went out, to try minimise the risk of germs, haha!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is definitely important to focus on practical items these days. How things have changed! Oh wow. No cases for 36 days?? That is wonderful to hear! I wish it was like that where I live. Maybe one day! Thank you so much <3

      Delete