Monday, March 9, 2020

current favourite accessories (betsey johnson, swarovski, and more)


Who doesn't love accessories? Certain pieces have the ability to take an outfit from meh to marvelous in an instant. Lately, I have been ultra focused on accessorizing my ensembles. Though I currently have an obsession with silver sparkly rings (on three to four fingers at a time) there are a few other accessories that have brought joy to my life lately. Ones gifted to me and a few that I've added to my own jewellery collection. Today I wanted to showcase some of those items. They are definitely topping the list of my current favourite accessories. Some of the pieces are from Swarovski, some from Betsey Johnson (who is one of my all-time favourite fashion designers ever), and a handful of random items scattered in there as well. Ready to take a peek? Here are the accessories that have been making me smile.


Current Favourite Accessories



It has been a while since an accessories trend made me ridiculously excited. Seeing the bold jewellery trends for 2020 has been thrilling, to say the least. Especially when it comes to chunky, oversize, dramatic plastic earrings. I don't know what it is about this particular trend...but I love everything about it. The styles are fun, whimsical, and take me back to a simpler time. Above are a few affordable styles that I've added to my collection recently. They were between $5-10 each and definitely stand out. There is a light pink heart shaped pair, a pair of chunky light purple hoops, and a pair of tortoise shell hoops. They all make a statement in the best possible way. 


The next group of accessories that I am loving? These sparkly hair accessories. I wear these constantly and always feel fabulous. These hair clips are a great way to add a little something special to a simple hairstyle and keep my hair nice and secure. The Feeling hair clip was featured in my January Favourites blog post (which you can read here in case you missed it) but the Glam hair clip is actually the one I've been wearing most lately. It is the perfect way to add a little sparkle to my look. Plus, it is a quick and easy to way to pin back my hair as it continues to grow out. 


Betsey Johnson never lets me down. Her accessories are always loaded with personality. Everything she creates is joyful, fun, and exciting. From pizza shaped purses to skull prints and mermaid bracelets...nothing is off limits. The piece from her that I am currently loving? The french fry necklace, shown above. It is gold with a sparkly red fry container. Talk about whimsical perfection! This was given to me over the Christmas holidays and I have been obsessed ever since. French fries are my weakness in life (and what I order as my meal every single time I go out to dinner) so this was certainly a fitting accessory to add to my collection. 


Last in this list of favourites? A couple of earring sets from Swarovski. Both were gifts that I am extremely grateful for. The first is a fabulous pair of banana earrings. One earring has a yellow charm and the other has a sparkly yellow banana. (If you couldn't tell, my weakness is for accessories that are fun and showcase lots of personality.) The second pair has one dangling earring and one shorter earring. There are sparkly polar bears and jewels shaped like fish. Could anything be more adorable? I think not. Both of these pieces are sparkly, beautiful, and totally unique. I always feel really special when I add them to an outfit. They combine glitz and glamour with joyfulness. 

Which accessories do you like best? What are your current favourites?

18 comments:

  1. Ohw love it :)
    Xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, they're all so pretty! Love Swarovski especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so lovely, Shannon:) I can totally see why you love them. I love Betsey Johnson and I agree...you can never really go wrong with her stuff:) That necklace is awesome! And love the hair stuff too. Actually, I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how much personality her pieces have! Haha thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely accessories!
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh loving all the chunky gold rings in the first photo, I even have some rings like this. And oh that Betsy Johnson necklace is sooooo cool!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they sound lovely. Chunky rings are always super cute!

      Delete
  6. Wow those earring looks fab, especially the banana! You know, I don't have my ears pierced!

    ReplyDelete