Surprises and samples. Those are some of my favourite things when it comes to beauty products. Every now and then, Shoppers Drug Mart has these little beauty bags for sale that benefit local charities. And every now and then, one of these beauty bags enters my life. They are typically full of different product samples and a couple of full sized items. Sometimes, those items are fabulous and other times, not so much...but whether they are good, bad, or in between, the money supports a worthy cause, so it is never a waste. Keep reading to find out what was inside my beauty bag and see how everything performed...
- Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser. The first item (pictured above) was a full sized bottle of a Gentle Milk Cleanser from Avene. It is designed for dry to very dry sensitive skin and works to soothe skin while removing makeup from the eyes, lips, and face. Honestly, this product was a total success for me. I have dry, sensitive skin and a lot of products can be too harsh. Especially when it comes to makeup removers! This one works really well, is super gentle, and has a nice light scent. I love the fact that this is designed to be really nourishing and nurturing.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Next up was a sample from Estee Lauder. It is a little pod that contains oil designed to "renew and relieve visibly stressed skin." This is a product that I've actually tried in the past, thanks to beauty samples and beauty-related events. It works well and always makes my skin feel fabulous. That being said, it's not something I have ever (or would likely ever) purchase for myself thanks to the high price tag.
- Nude by Nature Perfecting Concealer. I am admittedly intrigued by the Nude by Nature line. I've only tried a couple of products from the brand but so far so good! This time, I was able to test out the Perfecting Concealer, which thankfully came in my shade. I am debating purchasing a full sized version of this sample because it works really well. It has a thicker texture to deliver a solid amount of coverage...but sheers out to create a natural finish.
- Filorga NCTF-Reverse. The three silver packets you see in that picture are three samples of a Supreme Regenerating Cream, which is an anti-aging product. It includes NCTF and Hyaluronic Acid...and claims to plum and fill in wrinkles, smooth skin, and add radiance. I've used up all three samples and haven't noticed a significant difference in my skin. However, skin care products often take longer to show results. Especially ones with anti aging properties! So that doesn't mean this doesn't work. Just that there wasn't enough product to know for sure. Something else to note? There was also a simple black makeup bag included from this brand.
- Versace and Azzaro Perfume Samples. Of course, there were a couple of perfume samples here as well. (Which is always exciting because I adore perfume.) The first is a single use of Dylan Blue from Versace. It smelled fresh and clean but wasn't something that I was overly in love with. The other sample was a mini bottle of Wanted Girl by Azzaro. This one, I absolutely love. It is sophisticated but still light enough for daytime wear.
- Nuxe Insta-Masque. This beauty bag also included a face mask from Nuxe. This one is the Purifying + Smoothing Mask in Rose and Clay. The sample included enough product for one use and my skin definitely felt refreshed and pampered after using. I love that this mask was designed for all skin types (including sensitive skin), smelled good, and worked well.
- Cover Girl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks. It's no secret that I adore Katy Perry. And her collaborations with Cover Girl. There are quite a few Katy Kat Matte lipstick shades (and Katy Kat Pearl shades) in my existing makeup collection. So the fact that I was able to add a couple more to that collection is super exciting. Especially since they were shades I didn't already own. These perform well and the colours are gorgeous. Stay tuned for a full review and makeup look featuring Cat Call and Magenta Minx.
Trying out new products is always exciting. It allows you to see what you like, what you don't, and can even simplify future shopping experiences. There were quite a lot of fabulous items in this beauty bag and I am excited to continue using them - and add some full sized versions to my makeup collection.
On another note, my latest YouTube video is up. This is a simple everyday makeup look featuring the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette. Take a peek and be sure to let me know what you think of the finished makeup look...
Have you tried any new products lately?