Sunday, March 12, 2017

madonna week: re-creating iconic makeup looks

As you know, it is Madonna week here on the creation of beauty is art. As fun as it has been, this is the final post dedicated to this iconic artist. To go out on a fun note, I decided to re-create a couple of Madonna makeup looks. The first is straight out of the 80s and the second is a more current look. Think of it as a then and now type of post!

To start, let's travel back in time to the 80s. This is when Madonna's style was all about bold accessories and natural brows. To create the look, I used the Almay Healthy Glow foundation, an Annabelle eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown, the Smashbox Shape Matters Matte Eyeshadow Palette with Jolt all over the lid and Grounded blended up towards the browbone, the Annabelle Kohl eyeliner pencil, Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara, NYX Highlight and Contour palette, and the Flower Beauty Lip Suede in Berry-more.

Here is the finished look for my 80s Madonna. It was really fun to do and I was definitely loving that subtle yet smokey eye look that she had going on.


Next up was a more current Madonna inspired look. This one was polished, pretty, but was still bold. That double winged eyeliner gave this otherwise natural makeup look an edgy and oh-so-Madonna finish. In addition to the face products (listed above in the first look), I used the Too Faced Totally Cute palette for the eyes, the Hard Candy Walk The Line Liquid Liner for the liner, and the NARS lip gloss in Turkish Delight to finish it all off.

Take a look at my recent Madonna inspired makeup look. This is one that I love - and it has definitely inspired me to be a little more playful with eyeliner.


I want to thank you all for reading my Madonna themed posts this week. They have been a ton of fun to do. Please let me know if you enjoyed reading them!

Which look is your favourite?

xo Shannon

10 comments:

  1. Madonna Week was amazing! I especially love your makeup look in the second picture. I hope you do more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear,
    you have such a fantastic blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know, it would be my pleasure!
    Hugs,
    LIANA LAURIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!!!! You are very young but for me that I have a few years in more Madonna is a true icon * - *

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post https://bysinkj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madonna always looked so beautiful in my eyes! such perfection! thanks for this inspiration!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've recreated these looks! <3


    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete