Thursday, September 17, 2015

life is peachy.


What is it about peach and warm weather? All summer long I have been head over heels for everything. And I do mean everything. Peach drinks, peach candies, peach body wash, and even peach candles. My biggest obsession? Peach coloured makeup. Blushes, eyeshadows, and especially, lips. No wonder I wore the Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Peach Poppy over and over again. At first? I was attracted to the super cute packaging. The square shape and purple tube instantly grabbed my attention. Then there was the colour. The moment my gaze fell onto that gorgeous peach? It was all over. I bought that lipstick faster than you can say shannon-loves-peach-way-too-much.

Beyond the cute packaging....how did the lipstick hold up? Let me just say I was one happy camper. My biggest thing about lipstick is the texture. Anything that is dry or hard is a no go. Unfortunately, there are an awful lot of those hidden away at the drugstore. Not this one. The texture was smooth and very creamy. It applied easily and looked amazing. Which brings me to the pigmentation. It. Is. Amazing. Lipsticks can be such a hit or miss when it comes to the colour payoff. Especially with lighter shades like peach. But Peach Poppy makes a statement. It is very pigmented. No layering or applying the colour over and over again. One swipe and my lipstick game was on point.

I have been reaching for this shade a lot lately. There is something about peach lips that I love. It gives you a subtle pop of colour without being too dramatic. Which is why I created the makeup look below. It was worn with a matte smokey eye, some winged liner, and a peach toned blush. Take a look and let me know what you think....


Me? Love peach? Absolutely. This is one shade that just screams summertime. Even though the summer months have ended....I am still in the middle of my peach kick. I hope to wear this shade in the months to come. At least every now and again! It is the perfect way to freshen up a neutral makeup look. The Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Peach Poppy was a fantastic product that exceeded my expectations. Always a good thing!

Have you tried this lipstick? Do you love peach makeup?

xo Shannon

16 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous shade !
    Xoxo

    www.atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful color, I love evrything peachy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lipstick!
    xo
    http://www.thenewpersonalassistant.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love this lipstick :)
    FB? :)

    fatacarolina.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty. Your eye makeup goes perfectly with the cute lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty. Your eye makeup goes perfectly with the cute lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely peach lipstick !!! Nice post !! would you like to follow for follow ? let me know on my blog , would return your favor.
    {{My first OOTD post }}http://makeupntrend.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love peach and coral for summer!!!...beautiful shade and makeup!!!
    ...kiss...lu!!!
    http://beautylovelemiefollie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shade <3 You look beautiful!!

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wearing peach lipstick during summer too! It's the perfect colour!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lovely peachy look! Nice job, dear.
    xo,
    http://www.keepitstylishandsexy.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous makeup! Cute:)<3

    http://www.justcleo.pl/2015/09/autumn-must-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely lipstick, I could just faint colored lipsticks I use, I do not know why! But the blondes in red lipstick is fine, but I do not feel good in it! This peach color you like! the makeup was good too!
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete