Sunday, September 6, 2015

breathe in the autumn air.

It has arrived. There is a chill in the air. Every morning when I start my walk to work....I find myself wishing I had a sweater. Or two! That means summer really is winding down. This is a little bit depressing. Thankfully there is fall fashion to ease the pain. While I adore the fun, flirty, and totally carefree summer styles, there is something special about autumn. Darker colours? Check. Edgy details? Check. The combination of strength and femininity? Check.

Each year there are new trends to enjoy. Some of my favourites for this year include carwash pleated skirts and geometric prints. By far the most compelling? Dark lace. I absolutely love the way lace looks. It can be so elegant and glamorous. Dark lace mixes romantic sensibilities with gothic inspiration. That instantly elevates even the simplest outfit. Which is why I wanted to create my ideal fall look. The focal point is that on trend black lace top. To compliment it? I chose some seasonal staples. Like maroon skinny jeans, ankle boots, gold accessories, and dark smokey makeup. Put it all together and you get something truly special.

This look is how I would best describe my own fall style. I love playing with darker - yet warm - colours, getting more dramatic with my makeup, and incorporating edgy accessories.


The beginning of fall is tough. Suddenly the weather is turning colder and those short shorts are tucked away for another year. The plus side? Incredible fashion and inspiring makeup. This look makes me excited to embrace the new season. Thank goodness for that.

What do you love most about fall fashion?

xo Shannon

18 comments:

  1. I also love the darker vampier colours... And then scarfs and boots in winter.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love your blog! It is so nice <3

    xoxo
    Christine
    http://www.thenewpersonalassistant.blogspot.nl/ ( my new blog :D )

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amazing items
    lovely entry

    thanks for your support,
    I started a new Fashion Blog,
    please take a look there too, maybe you like it, follow, comment what ever <3
    new Blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing collage, totally besotted with the lace top!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to oxblood and burgundy this fall,,, love this post.. Great blog you have, stay inspired!



    XOXO,

    www.fashionerza.com

    I can rock any outfits, come follow my online diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the top! Great collage!

    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also excited for new season and black lace is stunning =) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. great items

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Tuscany, Dubai, Buenos Aires...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it all!!! Getting me quite in the mood for Fall!!

    Amanda | Feast.Fashion.Faves

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great collage, Shannon:) I myself hate it when summer ends, but I do like fall fashion. The items you picked are just bang on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eyeshadow palette maybe from Tom Ford? I'm not sure... but it looks nice! :)

    Visit me on InstagramTwitter

    I would say thank you for your nice comments <3
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  12. With high quality and graceful appearance,discount Christian Louboutin Pumps are worth you to pursued for.
    Christian Louboutin 16CM Black Stone Pumps
    Christian Louboutin 16CM Black Suede Heel Pumps
    Christian Louboutin 16CM Black Suede Pumps
    http://www.clouboutinpumpsmall.com

    ReplyDelete