Sunday, July 10, 2011

new makeup post!

One of my favourite things to do, is try out new products. Not only is it a great way of getting out of your makeup rut and being creative, it can be a lot of fun! For whatever reason, picking up a new eyeshadow or set of false eyelashes always seems to cheer me up. Here are some products I have bought recently, and my thoughts.

PRODUCT LIST:
1. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Precious Metals 05
2. Maybelline New York Eye Studio Copper Chic 70
3. Femme Couture Mineral Effects Baked Bronzer in Beach Girl
4. Joe Fresh Blush in Bloom
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in DEA
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Creme Duo in Aspen

EYES:

1. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Precious Metals 05

I have been looking for some creme shadows to try out, and have a weakness for copper colours, so I thought I would give this quad a try. As you can see from the swatches above, most of the colours aren't overly pigmented, but they have a lot of shimmer and go on well. The deepest copper colour is gorgeous and the most pigmented of the bunch. It is easily my favourite and the one I am likely to use most. The other colours are nice, and great for long-lasting shimmer, but deep copper is what makes this worth the money.

2. Maybelline New York Eye Studio Copper Chic 70

Another copper palate, but I cannot rave enough about this one. It is a fantastic price for the quality. It goes on smooth, blends well, and the colours are very pigmented. There is a ton of shimmer with this product and the colours are gorgeous. My favourite is the second colour on the swatch, the coral colour, but they are all fantastic. I cannot say enough great things about this quad. Just fantastic. I would highly recommend it. There are other colours as well with this collection that I am hoping to check out in the near future. Love!

FACE:

3. Femme Couture Mineral Effects Baked Bronzer in Beach Girl

All of my bronzers have a lot of shimmer in them, so I was looking for a good matte one. I unfortunately dropped this baked bronzer less than five minutes after getting it home, and lost about half of it in the process. Distraught! So far I like this product. I am not blown away by it, but it's certainly not bad. A little bit goes a long way, so keep that in mind when using it.

4. Joe Fresh Blush in Bloom

Love! A lot of the blushes I have are peachy in tone, which is great for most days, but sometimes I want something with a little pop! Especially for summer looks. I have Maybelline New York Dream Mousse Blush in Pink Frosting, which is bright, but it is nothing compared to this colour. I was so excited when I saw it. It isn't the highest quality product, and is a bit chalky, but the colour really is fantastic. And it was $3 at Superstore, so definitely worth a try!

5. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in DEA

A friend and I got back from a vacation in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, and while we were there, we ended up spending a ridiculous amount of time at Sephora. (Story of my life!) I was on the hunt for a good creme highlighter, (more on that one in a second...) I turned around and she was getting her makeup done! They used all Urban Decay products, which she happened to fall in love with. I was roped into having my makeup touched up and revved up - think black, and lots of it. The makeup artist used a great creme stick concealer by Urban Decay. I had been looking for a good concealer, as I wasn't happy with the one I was using. This concealer however, is great. What I love most about the Urban Decay concealer is how long lasting it is, and how much coverage it provides. So if you're like me and have darker under-eye circles, or wear a lot of darker eye makeup, you are going to love this.

And lastly,

6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Creme Duo in Aspen

I picked this up at Sephora while in Vegas as well. I had never tried anything by Anastasia Beverly Hills before, but I was wowed by this. I am so completely in love with this product, I can't even express it properly. The highlighter comes with a beautiful creamy blush as well. It is beautiful, silky, and makes the skin look flawless. Plus, the colour is incredible. It is subtle but warm. The highlighter itself is on par with the blush. It is liquid, and has high shine, but doesn't make your skin look or feel greasy or oily. I got the Aspen duo which is good for lighter skin tones, but they also had one that was more of a gold colour that would be amazing for summer or deeper skin tones. The duo cost about $35US, and was worth every penny. This is one of the best products I own.

If there are any new makeup products you've tried lately, let me know what they are and what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment