Friday, September 20, 2024

love it or leave it? kate hudson (TIFF)

The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is underway and that means stars from around the globe are in Toronto promoting movies in all genres. Kate Hudson was there for Shell, which admittedly, sounds like a movie that I would like to watch when it becomes more widely available. TIFF means red carpets and interviews and all the rest...and Kate Hudson stepped out in a Vivienne Westwood design. Is it a love it or leave it? Keep reading for my thoughts on this red carpet look.


What I Love: It is always a good idea to start with the positives. And there is a lot that I love about this particular look. The upper portion of the design is beautiful. That pretty colour with the romantic shape is breathtaking. I also love the swept back hair, the heavy blush, and that gorgeous necklace from Tiffany & Co. All of it is so romantic, soft, and elegant. Just beautiful! 

What I Loathe: I need to talk about the elephant in the room: the bottom portion of the dress. Eesh. I do not like it at all. The colour is such a stark contrast to the upper portion of the dress and it doesn't look like it fits well. It is so long and seems unfinished. Truthfully, it kind of looks like a design on Project Runway, where the designer ran out of time and threw on a bunch of fabric so the model wouldn't walk down the runway half naked. It just didn't come together well.

Love it or leave it? Well, this is a bit of both, but I am more on the leave it side than anything else. The upper half of the design is so beautiful (as is hair, makeup, and accessories) but the bottom half is just a miss all around. It detracts from all of the good parts and throws everything off. Such a disappointment overall. Though, I am curious about the new movie with Kate Hudson.

What do you think of this look? Love it or leave it?

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful women but the dress is little outdated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donno too much about her apart from who her mother is! It looks okay but not practical for non-celebs haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the pretty pink colour of the top, and of the bustier-style shape.
    I also like the sheen of the fabrics of the top and of the skirt.
    I also am not impressed with the less than impressive designs, patterns and tailoring around the top and bottom of the bodice. A bustier look near the top and/or a peplum detail at the hem of the top might have looked nice. I have never been enamoured of skirts that are difficult to avoid tripping in. I would have liked a slightly more sheer skirt in perhaps a light blue colour?
    Kate looked quite beautiful, but I think I would leave the design! ;-/

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich mag diese Schauspielerin unheimlich gern, sie strahlt so eine Natürlichkeit aus. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. The upper part is stylish, elegant and extravagant and it does not suit at all the bottom part. The bottom part would seem so bad with a top part of the same color and texture. But maybe I am wrong, since two fashion voices found it ok to be worn at such an event...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful coral colour. I don't like the bottom but she usually always looks so beautiful. Lovely makeup too, not overly done.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete