Friday, September 22, 2023

early fall favourites (makeup, music, beauty products, and more)

Tomorrow might be the first official day of fall, but I have been in fall mode for the last several weeks. I'm talking seasonal decorations, cozy sweaters, and Halloweentown in the DVD player. The pumpkin scented wall plug ins are already on full blast in my home! In honour of this oh-so-special time of year...it made sense to share some of my early fall favourites. These are all of the things that have been assisting me with the transition from a hot and sticky summer to a crisp and clear autumn. 


Early Fall Favourite: Beauty Products. There are certain items that have been calling my name over the last several weeks. For perfume, this is a sample of Polo Earth by Ralph Lauren. I have been totally obsessed with using this fragrance as a room spray. The smell is divine! This unisex fragrance claims to bring together luxury and nature...but to me it smells fresh, citrusy, and warm. It allows me to enjoy all the best smells in nature without even having to leave my home. There is something so special about this scent. Unfortunately, a bottle of the perfume is about $130 CDN, so this sample will have to do. Other standout products? The JVN Complete Air Dry Cream. This is something that I have been using for a while (check out that review here) and even have a backup of waiting to be used. This is a great hair care product for me, because it is quick and easy to use. Since my hair normally air dries, it is the ideal add on to my hair care routine. Lastly is the Cool, Whatever Eyeshadow Palette by Kara Beauty. This is a forever favourite! I am so obsessed with this palette and use it as often as possible. I love the cool toned shadows. Most of the eyeshadows in my collection are warm or ultra colourful. It is so fun having something cool toned. 


Early Fall Favourite: GUTS by Olivia Rodrigo. Though I don't listen to a lot of new artists (most of the music I listen to is older or comes from artists who have been around for a long long time)....an exception is made for Olivia Rodrigo. I am obsessed. Her first album, Sour, became one of my all-time favourites. I know every single lyric after listening to the songs over and over and over again. Recently, her second album, Guts, was released. I was a bit nervous that it would not be as great as Sour, but my fears were for nothing, because the album is incredible. I love how raw and vulnerable her lyrics are. I found myself in so many lines. This is an album of introspection and self doubt, but it is also an album about growth and the pain associated with wisdom. There are a lot of favourite songs on Guts, but the songs that I keep coming back to over and over again are Making The Bed and Lacy. My favourite lines from Making The Bed are: "I'm so tired of being the girl that I am/Every good thing has turned into something I dread/And I'm playin' the victim so well in my head/But it's me who's been making the bed." This album has been the soundtrack of my life since its release...and I have no doubt it will continue to be the soundtrack of fall.


Early Fall Favourite: Spooky and Seasonal Items. It just wouldn't be fall without some seasonal items to enjoy. Lately, I have been focused on all things spooky season. As you can see from the photo above, there is a spider Squishmallow named Seymour. He is super cute and squishy and came inside of a Halloween themed surprise Squishmallow. (It is extremely difficult for me to resist a cute stuffed animal, especially one that is holiday themed.) In addition to that adorable stuffed animal, I have been enjoying the Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow candle from Bath & Body Works. It smells so good and is really perfect for this time of year. And to finish off this list of early fall favourites, there are some Halloween themed temporary tattoos. I have just been loving the Inked line and have found several different packs of the tattoos recently. The two shown above are Halloween themed, with candy corns, pumpkins, spiderwebs, bats, witch hats, ghosts, and lots of other seasonal tattoo designs. 

There you have it! Those are a few of my early fall favourites. Technically, the first day of fall is tomorrow, so here is hoping this season is one to remember for all the right reasons. Be sure to share your own favourites in the comment section below. 

14 comments:

  1. Eine tolle Mischung, kann man alles gebrauchen. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun, I'm so excited for halloween as well. And I'll have to check out that album.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun time of year! I love holidays so much! Yes, I am sure you will love the album. It is phenomenal.

      Delete
  3. So nice pallete and items, thanks for your sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eye mskaeup palette has a great range of cute colors
    Good post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that palette is simply amazing. So many cool shades to choose from! I'm intrigued by the Air Dry Cream. That said, I'm always using a hair dryer as my hair is far too unruly to dry by air ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always admire people who take time to blow dry their hair! I am so lazy when it comes to styling, so air drying is what I tend to do.

      Delete
  6. Great blog!!! I always come to you with great interest )) Follow you https://beautypumma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited and I can't wait to open my advent calendars :D It's early by now you have enough time to find some calendars for you =) <3
    Oh yes a really nice price =) Love this DJ's.

    Great post with nice fall stuff.
    The eyeshadow palette looks super beautiful, I like this colours a lot. The Halloween stickers are so cute and the candle sounds so nice, love it.

    ReplyDelete