Sunday, September 10, 2023

barbie the movie jumbo eye pencil (nyx review)

Even though Barbie The Movie has been out for almost two months now...my mind is still focused on all things Barbie. At this point, the movie has broken record after record. This movie is a big deal. And thank goodness for that! Not only is it colourful, vibrant, and nostalgic, it also speaks to gender roles and societal expectations. It is a beautiful film that is both fun and meaningful. I have seen the movie five times, but cannot wait to own it so I can watch it as often as I like. Until then, I am making the most of the movie collaborations and collections. Take the Barbie x NYX collection as an example. I've already reviewed the It's a Barbie Party Mini Palette and now it is time to take a look at the Jumbo Eye Pencil set. It included two different jumbo eye pencils inspired by some iconic Barbie characters. Keep reading for all of the details...

As I mentioned, this is not my first time trying out something from the Barbie x NYX collection. The It's a Barbie Party Mini Palette was fabulous (and compact) and totally exceeded my expectations. This definitely made me excited to try out the Jumbo Eye Pencil Set. This came with two different crayons: Barbie (vibrant pink) and Ken (electric blue). According to the brand, the pencils can be used in three different ways: as an eyeliner, as an eyeshadow, or as an eyeshadow primer. For the purposes of this review, I made sure to use the pencils all three ways before sharing my thoughts. To use the eye pencils as eyeliner, it is a little tricky, because the pencils are not small enough to be all that precise with application. It works well on the lower lash line though! For eyeshadow, this is a quick and easy way to add a bold splash of colour to the eyes. And for primer...well...I would not recommend this. When I used the eye pencils as a primer (applying the pencils first and adding shadows on top), there was creasing after only a few hours. It just didn't do well as a primer for me. That being said, I have enjoyed using the pencils on the lower lash line and as a quick and easy shadow. I also enjoyed the fact that the packaging was super cute and well themed. Ready to see these jumbo eye pencils in action? Here is a look using both Barbie and Ken.


To create the look shown above, the Barbie pencil was used all over the lid. Thanks to the jumbo eye pencil format, it only took about 15 seconds to add colour to the lid. The product applied smoothly and the colour was absolutely beautiful. Along the lower lash line, the shade Ken was applied for an extra pop of colour. I just love that beautiful blue. The combination of the pink and blue together is fabulous...and totally Barbie inspired. All in all, this Barbie The Movie Jumbo Eye Pencil Set from NYX is impressive. However, it is important to note that it did not work for me as a primer or base. When the pencils were worn alone, there wasn't creasing, but when shadows were layered on top, the product creased fairly quickly. Thankfully, there are several ways to use the pencils. The colours are beautiful and the packaging was ultra cute. I am a sucker for Barbie! 

Have you tried anything from the Barbie x NYX collection? Did you see Barbie The Movie?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, I like my new stuff too =) Oh yes I love this reusable straws =)
    The Tina Turner musical was really awesome, we had such a great time =) Thanks a lot. Oh no hope you feel well right now.

    Great review =) I wanted some Barbie make up from NYX too but it was quickly sold out :D So I didn't get what I wanted. This eye pencils look good and I like your make up look a lot =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! The shadow really makes your eyes pop out. Just beautiful, Shannon:) And thanks for the heads up on these pencils set, and thanks for the tip on how to use them.!
    PS I'm really so glad Barbie was such a success. We need more movies like it for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Me too...we definitely need more movies like Barbie!

      Delete