Wednesday, March 27, 2024

disney theme week: walt disney world souvenirs


No Walt Disney World trip would be complete without a little shopping. (Or a lot of shopping.) As someone who loves to shop in general and especially loves to shop for themed items...it is difficult to reign myself in at Disney. From the World of Disney store to Main Street USA and everywhere in between, a decent amount of browsing and buying was done. Want to see what souvenirs came home with me? This theme week post is dedicated to all sorts of Walt Disney World memorabilia. 


Stuffed Friends. I have mentioned this once or twice before, but despite being an adult, I have a serious stuffed animal obsession. Always have and probably always will. Someone cute and cuddly is incredibly difficult to resist! At the World of Disney store in Disney Springs, there was this giant Kermit the Frog pillow person. Despite being quite large, it was a no brainer since I am such a Muppet obsessed person. (Kermit had to be squished inside my suitcase coming home, but he made it.) I also found an adorable Figment plush, a sad looking Porg, a magnetic Olaf, and a beautiful plush Pocahontas. I love them all! 


Light Up Lumiere. During the last Disney vacation, my husband and I fell in love with this beautiful Cogsworth clock from Beauty and the Beast. I knew that there was a matching Lumiere figure, so this was something that I was on the lookout for. Thankfully, it was also at the World of Disney store. And it lights up! The candles actually flicker. This light up Lumiere looks fabulous next to his pal Cogsworth. It is pretty heavy, but we managed to stay under the weight maximum for our suitcases.


Pennies and Pins, Oh My! I have a bad habit of collecting all sorts of random things. Like pressed pennies and pins. I'm not exactly sure when the pressed penny collecting started, but at some point, it did, and now I have a book full of pennies pressed into all sorts of Disney designs. I also became a Disney pin collector by accident on my honeymoon all those years ago. (I was gifted a pin trading set and an obsession was born.) This time, a bunch of pin packs were purchased and then I went around trading those pins for ones that caught my fancy. I was able to find some really special ones, like Christmas ones, an Oswald, Duffy Bear ones, and some Monsters Inc pins. Since coming home, my husband found me a Mickey Mouse shaped pin board.


Disney Accessories. There were all sorts of Disney accessories to choose from. Since I am a huge Moana fan, the necklace was a no brainer. I also found a really cute Figment earring set. It was wonderful to see so many Figment products available. I've been in love with that purple dragon since I was a kid and this was by far the most Figment merchandise I've ever seen! There were all sorts of choices. The last accessory is a gold ring with sparkly stones around the outside. On the band, the words, "Faith, trust, and pixie dust," are written in black writing. That was a last minute purchase at the airport Disney store. It was something that I had looked at throughout the parks, but hadn't made a decision on. When I saw it at the airport, it felt right.


T-Shirts, T-Shirts, and More T-Shirts. There was a time where a cute skirt and blouse made me feel special. Or maybe a dress with a fun pattern. But when it comes down to it, I am a t-shirt and jeans girl at heart. Maybe I always will be. On a regular day, my uniform is a graphic t-shirt of some sort and either sweatpants or jeans. I love having cute Disney shirts to wear and all of the ones shown above checked the boxes. The first is a beautiful Moana shirt with embroidered details. The second is a long sleeved Oswald shirt in a bright blue. (I love Oswald. He is one of my favourite characters.) Then there is a strappy My Happy Place shirt with a glittery picture of the castle. The Peter Pan shirt is fabulous and the fabric is super soft. It was gifted to me by my mom as a surprise. I love it! The last shirt shown is oversized and has all sorts of cute Walt Disney World ears. 


Figment Spirit Jersey. The spirit jerseys in Walt Disney World are beloved for a reason. These oversized shirts are ultra comfy and come in all sorts of colours, prints, and themes. I have a couple already (Bambi, Stitch, and the live action Little Mermaid) and decided ahead of time that I would bring one new one home on the vacation. There were a few that I really loved....but ultimately two came back with me. Oops! The first is this amazing Figment spirit jersey. I love how colourful it is and that the front design is as bold as the design on the back. (This isn't always the case.) I also love the Epcot symbols throughout. 


Orange Bird Spirit Jersey. I wasn't planning to purchase more than one spirit jersey,  but then this Orange Bird spirit jersey caught my eye. For whatever reason, I have had an obsession with this cute bird for years and year. Since the Flower and Garden Festival was taking place while we were visiting Disney, there was all sorts of Orange Bird merchandise. I could not resist this special spirit jersey! It is really comfortable and I was able to wear it around the park when it was purchased.


Themed Ears. It just wouldn't be a Walt Disney World vacation without some ears. The Oswald ears were on sale (pretty much all of the Oswald merchandise was 50% off. A good deal for me, though it was certainly strange to see items on sale) and were an absolute must. As for the Orange Bird ears, they are ridiculously cute with an Orange Bird pin in the center of the bow. My husband treated me to the ears as a surprise. They definitely made my spirit jersey look even more fabulous. 

Enchanted Tiki Room Art. The last item in this souvenir post is extra special. Though I love everything that I purchased in Walt Disney World, this last piece was a wonderful discovery. A handful of my family members were sitting outside of the Enchanted Tiki Room, waiting for my sister and her child to return from another bathroom adventure. While waiting, something caught my eye. It was a clear plastic bag with something inside. I was curious, so I picked it up, and discovered that it was free art! Tiki Bird art, at that! It was such a thrill. I've always wanted some kind of Disney art in my home and often look at the different paintings available to purchase in the parks. However, those have always been well outside of my budget. To find something beautiful, free, and small enough to take back, was a total dream come true. This beautiful Tiki Bird painting is now hanging proudly in my home! The generous artists can be found on Instagram @Alleged_Artists

My apologies for this ultra lengthy blog post, but it turns out that an awful lot of Walt Disney World souvenirs came back. 

What do you think of these Disney items? Would you ever visit Walt Disney World?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, i love all Disney Items. The necklace and the earrings are beautiful.
    Have fun with your souvenirs and memories <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome trip with some amazing shopping, absolutely love the t-shirts!

    xoxo, Midori

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-daughters-turns-one-photoshoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It was a really good trip overall. Thank you <3

      Delete
  3. Obrigada pela visita, te amo. Feliz páscoa.
    Beijos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I really like Disney's works, especially fairy tales :) On our TV, his works will be broadcast on one channel throughout Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fairytale movies, too! How fabulous. I hope you enjoy watching!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, talk about a shopping spree! I'm truly gobsmacked!
    My favourite must be the Light Up Lumiere, and how amazing that free Tiki Bird art! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to resist all of those Disney things! Thank you!

      Delete