Sunday, October 29, 2023

fall nail look + sally hansen nail polish review

Some nail polish colours just call to me. Especially when those colours remind me of the fall season. Though the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pride polish, shown above, was part of the Pride collection released during the summer...it has been sitting in my nail polish drawer waiting for the arrival of autumn. Now that we are approaching the end of October (how did that happen?!) the polish has been in heavy rotation lately. Ready to find out how it performs? Take a look at a quick and easy fall nail look? 

Though elaborate nail looks are always fun and exciting...they are also difficult to do. I lack the skills to do a whole lot that is out of the ordinary, but thankfully, the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pride Nail Polish in Healing Feeling stands out all on its own. (That being said, I have paired this polish with some autumn themed nail stickers more recently. Definitely a fun way to embrace the magic that this time of year has to offer.) The colour, Healing Feeling, is a warm golden yellow with a subtle shimmery finish. 

The Insta-Dri line from Sally Hansen has long been a favourite of mine, because I am incredibly impatient when it comes to painting my nails. There is nothing worse than waiting ages for your nails to dry...only to smush them doing a simple task. The Insta-Dri formula dries quickly and dries completely. It is ideal for busy days and busy schedules. This fall, the Healing Feeling colour has been an absolute must. The colour just screams fall to me! It does take two coats to achieve the full colour, but since each coat dries so quickly, it means a cute nail look will only take a few minutes. This nail polish also lasts really well. However, the Healing Feeling colour did stain my nails. That being said, I didn't prime them in any way beforehand. (Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depending on how much time I have to spend on my nails.) If stained nails are not your idea of a good time, definitely apply a base coat first. That way, you'll get all the gorgeous colour without pesky staining after the fact. 

The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pride Nail Polish in Healing Feeling is a standout, especially now that the leaves are changing colour and have started to fall. This nail polish perfectly captures the colour of those falling autumn leaves. It is beautiful, easy to use, and dries quickly. Though this Pride collection nail polish was released in the summer, it is definitely a must for the fall season!

Do you like the Insta-Dri formula? What fall colours have you added into your beauty routine lately?

6 comments:

  1. This color is perfect for fall
    Great shade

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour is just perfect for this time of year!
    I love Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish, by the way, and for the same reason you do. I simply don't have the patience :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hate waiting for nail polishes to dry. Something fast is better!

      Delete