Wednesday, May 31, 2023

mocktails, makeup, and a movie event (2023)


It's that time of year again. For the last few years, the Mocktails, Makeup, and a Movie event hosted by Ontario Shores has been a virtual event because of the pandemic. This year? It was held in person again. Though I am not fully used to being around a lot of people, it is something that I am starting to get more used to as time passes. For those who are unaware, Ontario Shores provides assessment and treatment services for people dealing with mental illness. The Mocktails, Makeup, and a Movie event is a fundraising effort, in partnership with Shoppers Drug Mart. It is wonderful that so many dedicated individuals organized the event, donated items, and made the world a little bit brighter. Ready to hear about my experience at the event? See what was in the gift bag? Here is everything you need to know about the in person event. 


We arrived at the theatre shortly before 7:00 am. It was pretty crowded, but we were able to pick up our gift bags, look at the silent auction items, grab some candy, and then head back downstairs for a little movie theatre popcorn. (An essential.) Then it was back upstairs to the event space where we nabbed some seats in the theatre. The movie for the night was "Love Again," which I was really excited about. Not only do I love romantic movies, but I adore Priyanka Chopra and Celine Dion. Yes, the icon, Celine Dion herself was in the movie and there were even new Celine songs to enjoy. That makes this movie an instant classic! I actually really liked the movie. "Love Again" was sad at times, but still managed to be heartwarming and hopeful.


As for the items in the gift bag, there was an awful lot to enjoy. My favourite item was obviously the Ariana Grande socks inspired by Thank U, Next. There were also some mascaras and lip products and even something from Winky Lux. (The makeup items are definitely the most interesting to me.) In addition to all of that, there were lots of skin care items and perfume samples. One perfume sample stood out the most to me, which was Polo Earth by Ralph Lauren. It smells so good! Since a bottle costs $130 CDN, it isn't something that I am likely to purchase any time soon, but the sample is enough for now.

It was definitely different to experience the Mocktails, Makeup, and a Movie event in person again after so many years. That being said, I really enjoyed the popcorn, the movie, and all of the beauty items in the gift bag to test and try.

Have you attended any events lately? Have you seen Love Again yet?

8 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm still not comfortable being around a lot of people, so well done on overcoming anxieties and attending this event!
    I'm totally impressed with the contents of that gift bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, so lässt es sich leben :-) LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds SO fun!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched the movie, but I think that goodie bag looks really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete