Thursday, February 3, 2022

hard candy cheek products (highlight + blush review)


Hard Candy has been something of a staple here on the creation of beauty is art. There have been posts about this particular drugstore brand since 2011...and those posts will likely continue into the future. There is something so thrilling about Hard Candy. Not only do they have a wide variety of products, but Hard Candy is one of the few drugstore brands that really embraces trends. It also helps that the products are decently priced. Though I have never seen a Hard Candy product at the dollar store before, there were a couple of cheek products available at the one nearest to me. That was definitely a surprise, but a welcome one. There were two blush sets to choose from and they were $4 each. That is how the Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo in Candle Lit and the Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Blush Duo in Over the Moon entered my life. 


Both cheek sets came in the same packaging. The cheek products are on either side and there is a narrow mirror and small blush inside. This isn't exactly travel-friendly packaging, since these products are fairly bulky, but the inclusion of the mini mirror and brush means it is possible to use on the go. Though the brush is quite thin and small, the bristles are actually soft and pleasant to use. So at least there is that. As for me? I am unlikely to take either of these cheek products with me in my purse or on vacations (when travel is possible), but the concept for the packaging certainly makes sense. 

The first set is the Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo in Candle Lit. It claims to be a universally flattering illuminating powder duos that to brighten the complexion. There are two shades in this Hard Candy set. One has a pink pearly finish and the other has a shimmery white appearance. Both of the shades are fairly subtle and I wouldn't consider them to be traditional highlights. There won't be a ton of shimmer or shine on the face. Instead, this duo creates a soft glow. Both are pretty and can easily be added to a variety of makeup looks for something subtle and simple. Of the two, the pink pearly finish is my favourite. I love that it effortlessly incorporates a little extra colour onto the face. It is understated, but beautiful. 

Next is the Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Blush Duo in Over the Moon. This duo boasts a natural and radiant finish, and the products certainly deliver on those promises. The first baked blush is a shimmery pink and the second is a shimmery peach colour. In the past, Hard Candy had the most incredible baked blushes. They were next level fabulous. I was hoping that these would be similar in terms of the formula...but they were not. These were a little harder and were not nearly as pigmented. That being said, the blushes are beautiful. Just not quite what I was hoping for! The pink shade is really shimmery and has a decent amount of pigmentation. The peach shade is less colourful, but is really shimmery and sparkly. I like to wear the pink shade as a blush and then layer the peach shade over top for an extra dose of shine. 

As you can see from the photo above, there is a lot of shimmer happening here. These products are certainly illuminating and radiant. I love that these can be used to create something subtle, but fabulous. These duos are my recent go-to cheek products for everyday looks. Since I am at home almost all of the time, some days my makeup is a little more on the natural side and some days, it is a little bit bolder. It all depends on what I feel like that day! These Hard Candy items are well suited to those more natural days. The look below made good use of the pink cheek product and the pink pearly illuminating powder. The end result was subtle, but still noticeable. It was a nice contrast to that bolder lipstick shade.

These Hard Candy cheek products were certainly successful. Not only were they discounted (can't beat $4 cheek duos) but they were also able to create several beautiful looks on the cheeks. It has been a lot of fun putting them to use lately. I am sure they will continue to be incorporated into lots of different makeup looks to come.  

Have you tried these cheek duos? Are you a fan of Hard Candy products?

12 comments:

  1. They look so lovely and shimmery even if they weren't the formulas you hoped for it's great you enjoy these and you find them easy to incorporate into your routine :)

    Hope that you are having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love anything that shimmers, so it is not too hard to please me! <3

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful shades! I'm adding it to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard Candy is such a drugstore classic. Too bad the baked blush was not as pigmented and too hard but the price is right and they are lovey colors!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! It just isn't a trip to the drugstore without checking out some Hard Candy products!

      Delete
  4. Oh yes I will try the Birthday Cake protein bar soon =) It's really sad that the shake tastes just like sweeteners =( I wanted something fruity.

    Great review =) I don't know this brand but this cheek products look pretty cute and I like the colours. Your make up look is also nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear!
    I haven't tried this pink, but it looks great :) The colors are beautiful! Thank you for your review, maybe someday I'll have the opportunity to try it :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will have the chance to try it! Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete