It seems like there have been a lot of Sephora trips in my life lately. This is partly because I have a serious obsession with beauty products and partly because a new Sephora location opened up nearby. Which is both a blessing and a curse. Recently, I added a few new items to my makeup collection (more on those items in future blog posts) and since it was a special VIB Rouge event, there was a goodie bag included with the purchase. Which products were included? How did they perform? Are they worth purchasing? Here is a breakdown of some recent high end beauty samples from Sephora - and whether or not they are worth splurging on the full sized product.
High End Beauty Samples (Mini Reviews)
As you can see from the picture above, there was an awful lot included in this high end sample bag. Lots and lots of goodies! Some were skin care, some were hair samples, there was a fragrance sample, and a handful of makeup products as well. This clear polka dot bag also came with two mascaras. One was the Roller Lash from Benefit and the other is from Laura Mercier. Those will be reviewed in depth (with comparison photos) in an upcoming post, so stay tuned for that! For now...here are mini reviews of the other products included in this set.
- Juice Beauty Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. The first item is a gel moisturizer from Juice Beauty. Now this is a brand that I hadn't heard of before so I was definitely intrigued. This particular moisturizer is made with organic ingredients (hence the name Juice Beauty) and works fairly well. However, it has a scent that I am not keen on. It smells very medicinal so this isn't something I will continue to use or would purchase in future.
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Re.Pair Serum. Next up is a well reviewed item from Dr. Jart +. It was given an Allure Best in Beauty Award in 2018 and has some seriously fantastic reviews on the Sephora website. This is a clear gel (that sadly has a medicinal kind of scent as well) and addresses dryness and redness. In terms of dealing with redness, this worked well. It didn't do much for my dry skin though. Currently, I plan to use this up but don't think it wowed me enough to warrant a purchase.
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea 4-in-1 Setting Mist. I've heard so many incredible things about this setting spray. So of course it was exciting to have a sample sized version. Though there are several other setting sprays in my collection (I am currently loving one from Too Faced)...this one was one I have been eager to try. The good? The mist is super fine which is amazing. I hate when setting sprays blast out tons of product and your face feels wet. The bad? The smell. I don't know what it is with these products and the smells! That being said, this smells atrocious. I detest the smell. To the point that I actually threw away the setting spray I had been so curious about. Definitely a sad turn of events, but at least I was able to try it out.
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter. The weather is getting colder and that means my skin care routine needs a major overhaul. Generally speaking, my skin is pretty dry and that only becomes a bigger concern once the temperatures start to drop. That means I am open to trying every lotion and moisturizer out there! This one from Josie Maran has only a very faint scent (which is pleasant), a thin texture, and a silky smooth finish. It adds a lovely amount of hydration to the skin but also softens as well. I really enjoyed this and would certainly consider purchasing a full sized version.
- Milk Makeup Highlighter in Turnt. I love a good highlighting product. Most of the ones in my collection are powers but there are a handful of cream highlights as well. This sample from Milk is the perfect travel sized option. The highlight is absolutely stunning. It looks like a champagne shade in the tube but when applied to the skin it has more of a white finish with flecks of gold glitter throughout. This is bold, sparkly, and creates a fabulous glow. I absolutely love this and would one hundred percent purchase a full-sized version or another highlight from the brand. Adding this one to my wish list!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Balm. Yet another high end moisturizer was thrown into this sample bag...this one from First Aid Beauty. This comes in a small round jar and has a thick texture. Out of all the moisturizers in this particular collection of items, this is by far the best. In terms of the consistency, scent, and overall effectiveness. It dries quickly and really smooths and hydrates the skin. This is a fabulous product.
- Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua. Perfume is a serious obsession of mine. I always love trying out different fragrances! This one from Tom Ford is stellar. It is a strong, bold, sensual scent that makes a statement. It reminds me of putting on a special outfit before a night out or a perfume you would take with you on vacation. Sadly, a full sized bottle of this scent is a whopping $165, so this sample will have to keep me satisfied!
- IGK Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm. My hair has been needing a little extra love lately. So this hydrating hair balm sample was much appreciated! It contained coconut oil and claims to work without weighing down the hair. My experience with it has been really positive. It worked well and really helped my hair. This is something I will keep my eyes peeled for in the future.
There were definitely a lot of products to try out in this high end sample bag...which is a great thing. Some were wonderful and others were not my cup of tea. It was great to try them out and see what worked for me and what didn't.
Have you tried any of these products? Do you like trying out beauty samples?