Monday, August 10, 2015

money can't buy happiness...but it can buy makeup!

I remember the very first makeup related video I ever saw. I needed help putting together a Ke$ha inspired look for Halloween and was desperately searching for assistance. In the video? The YouTuber mentioned a brand I had never heard of. (At that point in my makeup life, at least!) E.l.f. Since then I have tried a number of their products. Some good and some bad. Recently, I was doing a bit of shopping and came across a full E.l.f. display. Honestly? I got really excited about it. Largely because there were some products there that I had never tried. And even some I had heard positive reviews about.

Which leads me to today's post. It is a mini E.l.f. haul and review! And a look at some of the products in action. What did I end up purchasing? The E.l.f. Eyebrow Kit, Tone Correcting Powder, two Blush shades, a Lip Exfoliator, and as well as a Lipstick. Here are a few of my thoughts on the products so far.....


The E.l.f. Eyebrow Kit. Lately I have been super into brow kits. I tend to go between my favourite brow pencil and the Avon brow kit. Sadly my Avon kit was running low so I decided to give the E.l.f. kit a try instead. I picked up the Medium kit. Inside there is a darker brow wax and a medium brown powder shade. My impressions? I like this eyebrow kit for every day. It gives my brows a natural but groomed appearance. For a more dramatic look I still prefer my brow pencil...but this is definitely good for day to day. 

The E.l.f. Tone Correcting Powder. My skin is generally pretty dry. This summer though I have been fighting shine in my extremely hot apartment. Which is why I have been using powders more than usual. I decided to pick up this tone correcting powder just to see how it fared. Well, I absolutely love it! This poweder provides a nice amount of coverage, mattifys the skin, and reduces redness. It is an overall winner for me. 

The E.l.f. Blush in Pink Passion and Fushia Fusion. I have mentioned this fact over and over again. But let me say it once more. I love blush. A whole lot. Even though I have a ton of blush in my makeup collection, I am always on the hunt for something a little bit different. Which is why I grabbed two of the shades available from E.l.f. One was Fushia Fusion. It is a beautiful rose shade with flecks of gold glitter. Super pretty, girly, and wearable. I fell totally in love with it! 

The other shade was Pink Passion. This one was a bit of a dud for me. In the pan it looks like a gorgeous vibrant pink. On the cheeks it lacks pigmentation, intensity, and any real wow factor. It simply does not deliver. Such a shame! I am so glad the other blush shade won my heart. Otherwise I would have been massively disappointed. 

The E.l.f. Lip Exfoliator. There are a few essentials that I have been trying to add to my makeup collection in the last little while. One of them was a lip exfoliator. In order for my favourite lip products to look their best.....exfoliated lips are a must. In the past I was using a wet toothbrush to get rid of those flakes. Now I am using this E.l.f. product. When you twist up the lipstick tube it reveals a grey and brown product. It is grainy but not harsh. This does a wonderful job of keeping the lips smooth and pretty. I am very glad this has made its way into my life. 

The E.l.f. Lipstick in Party In The Buff. I go through phases. For weeks on end I am all about bright, bold, and totally out of the box lipstick shades. Then the next I am lusting after wearable nudes or rose toned colours. Which is how I would up with Party In The Buff. It is a nude shade with a hint of caramel. It goes on smoothly and has a nice colour payoff. My favourite thing? I love how moisturizing it is on the lips. This looks great, hydrates, and lasts. Definitely a fan! 

Below is a makeup look I wore out recently. It features the brow kit, the tone correcting powder, Fushia Fusion, and Party In The Buff. 


Let me just say, E.l.f. has a lot of seriously amazing products. Not all of them hit it out of the park....but some of them are totally fabulous. I had so much fun playing around with these - and incorporating them into my more recent makeup looks.

What are your favourite E.l.f. products? Have you tried any of these?

xo Shannon

17 comments:

  1. Sad that we don't have Elf in Lithuania.. Good post!
    Barbora/ Fleurerly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try elf! I hear good things about it.

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my elf brow kit :) It makes my brows look put together without looking like they have a ton of makeup in them <3 Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing colors! :)
    xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post sweetie!

    Check out my latest OUTFIT POST

    XoXo Venoma
    Fashion Blog Serbia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look. *__*
    New post is online...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday I bought new brushes:) Great make up dear:)
    I'm inviting you on my blog, there is a giveaway, you can win item selected by you from znu online shop:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the title of your post :D True! I've never tried E.l.f. but it sounds like such an amazing brand! Love the items you got and the look you created with it <3
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice products
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    I wish you an happy day
    a big kiss
    <<< fashion blogger Pamela Soluri >>>

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you! I have some stuff from ELF and i love it! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to try the lip exfoliator......

    ReplyDelete
  12. FLAWLESS. MAKEUP. When I go to Target I always stop at the E.L.F section on my way out. I have a few of there blushes and brushes...happy with both:).

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post dear, thank you for visiting my blog. Keep in touch, pls. Best regards from Sarajevo.
    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhhh It 's true! I love Elf maKe up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stop that is the same thing for me! I was looking at tutorials and found elf and then bought so much stuff from them!! Hahaa, I used to really love elf!

    ReplyDelete