Friday, December 1, 2023

welcome december + nyx ultimate flamingo frost review


Ahh...somehow December is here again. Part of me is thrilled (snow and advent calendars and holiday movies) and part of me is sad (because this month always seems to pass too quickly). I wish there was a way to slow things down and savor every single moment of the holiday season. After all, it can be difficult to sandwich in the magic between work and other responsibilities! Despite the challenges, making time for holiday magic is something that I am focused on this month. Even when it comes to my makeup routine. This month, even my beauty products are holiday themed. Take the NYX Ultimate Flamingo Frost Shadow Palette as an example. Talk about festive! To kickstart the last month of the year, it is time to review a seasonal eyeshadow palette from NYX. Keep reading to find out how the Ultimate Flamingo Frost Shadow Palette performs. 


Everything about the NYX Ultimate Flamingo Frost Shadow Palette screams holiday. The packaging, the theme, and colours...it is all so festive. My husband and I were at the drugstore in October picking up a few things and the cute packaging caught my eye. It was love at first sight! (What can I say? Christmas flamingos apparently checked off all the boxes.) Now before I start my review, I have to admit that my palette no longer looks like it did when the above photo was taken. Sigh. Truth be told, I dropped it, and the two middle shadows on the bottom crumbled everywhere. I was devastated. Honestly, I still kind of am. I just loved that shimmery shade and now there is only the smallest amount remaining in the pan. So, be warned that the plastic packaging is cute, but not will not protect your shadows if you have butter fingers, like I do. Just something to keep in mind!

Now for the rest of the review. The themed packaging is super cute (but the plastic container is clearly not as durable as I needed) and has Christmas lights and dressed flamingos. Even the seal on the palette is themed with a cute little stocking sticker. Sadly, these eyeshadows aren't named, but are numbered on the back. Not ideal, but better than nothing. The holiday flamingo theme carries on into the palette itself with several stamped shadows that have stockings and peppermint swirls. So adorable! Even though my palette is no longer good as new...it is still adorable and continues to provide some holiday joy. 

According to the brand, this NYX eyeshadow palette is a 16 pan palette that includes icy shimmery shades and unexpected flamingo pinks. "If you want the chill of the North Pole with the warmth of LA, these vegan and cruelty free formulas are made for you." I love the idea of mixing the traditional Christmas elements with something a little bit different. As for the colour story, it is phenomenal. It has all of those must-have Christmas colours (greens and reds) but also has wearable neutrals and candy coated pinks. I love that it is possible to create a makeup look that is icy and cool, classic Christmas, or ultra colourful. There are also different finishes to choose from. This palette has light colours, medium colours, dark colours. That makes it really versatile and well rounded. I love that I don't need to pull in other products to create a complete makeup look. 


For the makeup look above, the focus was on the reds and pinks. I wanted something sort of cranberry inspired. On the lid was the matte red and that was blended out with the warm brown shade. A bit of the black color was applied for depth. Then it was time to add on some festive shimmer. The reddish pink shimmer in the top row was applied to the center of the lid. The white shimmer in the top row was added to the inner corner for an extra pop. This was such a fun look to create and it turned out really well. I've used the NYX Ultimate Flamingo Frost Shadow Palette in many other ways since then, from casual everyday looks to more colourful creations. This has been such a delight. Though I am still mad at myself for dropping the palette (that shimmery green was so so good)....I am using this as often as possible. It makes every day feel a little bit more holly jolly. 

Have you tried the NYX Ultimate Flamingo Frost Shadow Palette? Are you excited for December?

10 comments:

  1. Flashy colours, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa tarde de sexta-feira e bom início de mês de dezembro minha querida amiga. Paleta de cores lindas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advent calendars are really much fun, I love to open them. Thanks we will have much fun at work and at home :D

    Nice review. I love NYX so much, they have so great products. This palette looks good as always, I like the packaging and I like the colours. The golden shades are perfect for winter =) I like your make up look, looks super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous shades in this palette, Shannon. I can definitely see why it ticked all of your boxes! Such a shame you dropped it, but I'm the first to admit that this has happened to me as well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has happened to me a few too many times! I feel like I drop everything at least once, ha!

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh I love it.
    I hope you have a wonderful new month. I hope that you have a wonderful time in December.
    I have just shared a new post, and I would be delighted if you could take a look at it. Thank you very much!https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/festive-and-heartwarming-holiday-films.html

    ReplyDelete