Monday, December 25, 2023

look to the skies, listen for sleigh bells...

Merry Christmas! It is difficult to believe that the day has arrived already. Though the holiday season is always busy, this year, things have been especially hectic since my loved ones have been under the weather recently. It delayed all of the decorating, wrapping, and baking that normally takes place at my parents house throughout the month of December. Ultimately, everything became rushed and last minute...which took a bit of the fun out of the season. Despite all of that, I did my best to make Christmas as special and magical as possible. (There have been lots of movies and Christmas carols.) I hope that your holiday season has been wonderful and exciting. And I hope your Christmas Day is everything you imagined it would be. 

Whether your celebrations are taking place as planned or you've been thrown a few curveballs, like me, remember that there are still ways to enjoy this time of year. Above is The Night Before Christmas, which is one of my all-time favourite holiday cartoons. The song at the beginning just feels like Christmas to me. Bring us the wonder of Christmas Day... If you are searching for a little holiday magic today (or even after Christmas has ended) then be sure to watch this sweet and memorable special. On another note, this post is a reminder that my annual mini blog break has now arrived. I usually take the week between Christmas and New Year's Day off in order to recharge after all of the festivities. I will be back in the new year with lots of new posts. Until then, have a wonderful Christmas, a fantastic holiday, and an even better week. I look forward to hearing about all of your celebrations when I return. For now, here is a Christmas quote that sums up how I am feeling this year...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the creation of beauty is art.

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too, Shannon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family, Shannon! I do hope good health has been restored for all of your loved ones! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a merry christmas with your family and friends <3 =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely greeting. I hope you enjoyed the holidays and have a wonderful New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete