Wednesday, December 13, 2023

revisited review: too faced christmas bake shoppe makeup collection


It just wouldn't be Christmas without a little Too Faced holiday makeup. This year, I was gifted the new Let It Snow Globes Makeup Collection ahead of Christmas, and those mini palettes are currently being put to the test. (Expect a full review of that collection early in the new year. It will be one of my first posts after the holiday festivities.) Something else that has been in heavy rotation lately? The Too Faced holiday release from last year, the Christmas Bake Shoppe Makeup Collection. There were two posts dedicated to that set on the creation of beauty is art. (See them here and here). At the time, those palettes made me very happy indeed. Do they still? It is time for a revisited review of the Christmas Bake Shoppe Makeup Collection. 


As a reminder, the Christmas Bake Shoppe Makeup Collection came with three eyeshadow palettes (each one had eight eyeshadow shades and a cheek product) and a mini Better Than Sex Mascara. Though the mascara has long since been used and thrown away...the palettes have been a staple throughout the year. The Sugar Cookie palette had a gorgeous mint eyeshadow and some cool-toned neutrals. It also had a fabulous pink blush. The Chocolate Chip palette had an assortment of browns and warm golden colours. As for the cheek product, it was a shimmery golden highlight. The last palette, the Ginger Snap palette, had shimmery metallic colours and warm reddish browns. The cheek product was a light bronze colour. The holiday theme and packaging was extra fabulous last year. The set came in a box that looked like an oven and each palette was themed around a different type of holiday cookie. The design was thoughtful, cute, and festive. Ready for some new looks?


Sugar Cookie Palette Makeup Look and Revisited Review. First up in this revisited review is the Sugar Cookie Palette. This palette is very different from the other two in the collection, because it focuses on cooler toned eyeshadow shades. I have had such an obsession with cooler eyeshadows this past year, so this one was heavily used. I love the cool brown (Claus A Stir) and that amazing mint green (Mint To Be). Treat Yo'Elf adds a nice dose of glitter and shimmer and It Soots You is a fabulous rich black. I also really love the blush shade, Elf'D Up. It looks wonderful with a lot of different makeup looks. Almost a year later and the Sugar Cookie Palette is still a winner. I love the variety of finishes, the cool colours, the theme, and that amazing blush. 


Chocolate Chip Palette Makeup Look and Revisited Review. Next is the Chocolate Chip Palette. This one is overloaded with warm browns and is definitely in my wheelhouse. (You just can't go wrong with a warm brown eyeshadow.) There is enough variety here to create a lot of different looks and there is even a nice golden shimmer (Sweet on Santa) to mix things up a little bit. My favourite shade is Truth or Deer? which was used in the crease for the makeup look above. As for the cheek product, Resting Wish Face, is a beautiful golden highlight. It performs well and looks really nice with the other cheek products included in the Christmas Bake Shoppe Makeup Collection. This cookie themed palette is still bringing me joy on a regular basis.


Ginger Snap Palette Makeup Look and Revisited Review. The last palette in this revisited review is the Ginger Snap Palette. This is full of ultra warm colours and lots of rich metallics. I am totally obsessed with the shimmery shades (Yule Love It, Mistle-Toasted, and Get Baked) but the matte shadows are also fantastic. These warm deep colours are excellent. I love that there is a good mixture of matte and shimmer shades. As for the cheek product, Cinnamon Bunny, is a light warm brown. It can be used as a subtle bronzer or to add a little warmth to the cheeks. This is another winner. After using this palette for the last year or so, it has become an absolute must whenever something warm and shimmery is desired. I love how easy this is to use.

Last year, the Christmas Bake Shoppe Makeup Collection from Too Faced was gifted to me by a loved one. There have been a lot of wonderful Too Faced holiday sets over the years (and a few that weren't quite as impressive) but this certainly stands out. It is one of my all-time favourites. The theme is cute, the eyeshadow names make me smile, and there is a good amount of variety in terms of the finishes and colours. Everything is wearable but still makes a statement. How does the new Too Faced holiday set compare? Stay tuned for a full review of the Let It Snow Globes Makeup Collection in the next few weeks. 

Have you ever tried a Too Faced holiday set? What makeup have you been loving this year?

22 comments:

  1. I can see why this makeup collection is one of your faves, Shannon! All the palettes sounds fab! And I so love the looks you created in them. I've always been a big fan of warm brown shades so the Choc Chip is probably my fave:)
    Hope you're having a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so so good! Thank you. I hope you're having a great week <3

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful, I loved your eye makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way too cute and love your different looks. Great makeup <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to hear about the Too Faced holiday makeup additions! The anticipation for your upcoming full review of the Let It Snow Globes Makeup Collection has me intrigued. It's always interesting to revisit past releases, like the Christmas Bake Shoppe Makeup Collection from last year. Looking forward to your revisited review and how these palettes have stood the test of time. 🌟💄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wonderful! I'm glad you are looking forward to it. I plan to post that review early in the new year. I'm using the palettes now and trying to really get a good feel for how they perform. <3

      Delete
  5. Boa Noite de quarta-feira. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. As cores são lindas e incríveis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely see why this continues to be such a favourite, Shannon. I'm loving the looks you created, and aren't those eyeshadow names adorable? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love anything Christmas themed...including eyeshadow names!

      Delete
  7. Everything was really delicious, only the food in the airplane and the breakfast in the hotel was not so good :D But all stuff in Dubai was so good <3
    I'm really happy to test this beautiful lipsticks <3 Oh yes I will, thank you.

    Great review, I love this packaging so much, absolutely cute.
    Your make up look is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear, as always your beauty content is very interesting ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful.
    I like these make up looks.
    I have little to no make up skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of skills, but it's fun just getting creative in this way!

      Delete
  10. Two faced is one of the product I can't find anymore in Italy or at least in this part of the country. I really like all the makeups you featured here but if I were to choose one for me, it would probably choose the chocolate one. You look wonderful and all those combinations are very stylish, classy and so accurate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is such a letdown! It's frustrating when brands stop being available. I've had that happen a lot of times where I live as well. Thank you so much <3

      Delete