Thursday, December 21, 2023

life lately (holiday decorations, cookies, seasonal outings, and more)

Life has certainly been busy lately. I suppose that is always the way around Christmas time. There is so much to get done...there are so many activities...and of course, there are so many holiday specials to watch! This season has been a bit different. Unfortunately, some of my loved ones have been under the weather. (COVID strikes again.) That has put a damper on the season - and has made all of the decorating, wrapping, and baking at my family home feel very last minute and thrown together. Normally, we do things bit by bit over the month of December, but we really have had to just do our best with the time remaining. The next couple of days are sure to be hectic, as we desperately make up for lost time. In the meantime, I am taking a moment to pause and look back at a few seasonal highlights. This month, there have been trips to the mall, advent calendars, holiday movie nights (my husband and I went to see The Grinch and The Polar Express in theatres), gift drop offs to friends, and drives around to look at all of the Christmas lights. Even though this holiday season hasn't been exactly what I imagined, I am doing my best to focus on the good. So, here are some pictures of my decorations, some sweet treats, and even some holiday themed makeup brushes that I have been using recently. Keep reading for some seasonal inspiration...


Even though the holiday season hasn't felt quite like I imagined this year...it is nice to pause and remember the special moments that have happened so far. The little moments, like shopping trips, movies, lights, cookies, and of course, Archie comics. (It just wouldn't be Christmas without Archie.) All of the details have made this less-than-perfect month feel beautiful. 

How have you been celebrating the holiday season? Are you all ready for Christmas?

14 comments:

  1. What a great tree cookies, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa tarde de quinta-feira, com muita paz e saúde. Boas Festas 🥳 🥳 🥳. Obrigado pela visita e carinho ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas tree decorations are soooo millennial!^^
    Cute decorations, love especially these brushes!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right? I have lots of decorations that are 80s/90s/00s inspired. I can't help myself!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear some of your loved ones have been under the weather, making Xmas preparations a bit last minute!
    Your decorations are absolutely fabulous and how cute are those sweets! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 It's been a strange year, but hopefully Christmas will still be special!

      Delete
  5. I haven't been very festive this year :-(

    The tree looks amazing and love those festive makeup brushes :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It's been a strange year, hasn't it? I hope you have a wonderful holiday and find that festive feeling!

      Delete
  6. Ale cudowności. Wesołych Świąt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to see the Grich, it is a classic for the month of December, I have attended some activities such as fairs, cocktails, I have already decorated my house, I only need the Nativity, I also had a bad flu and that also delayed things What I wanted to do, by the way I loved your Christmas tree decorations. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh definitely! I love that movie so much! It sounds like you've been busy with lots of holiday preparations! I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill lately. I hope you're feeling better now <3

      Delete