Sunday, December 17, 2023

review: rare beauty blush and glow four piece mini set


Rare Beauty is not a brand that I have tried a lot from, but everything that I have tried so far has been stellar. Something I love about the holiday season is the fact that there are normally different sets released. This year, the brand had the Blush & Glow Four Piece Mini Set available. It came with two liquid blushes and two liquid luminizers. Since my previous experience with those products was positive (check out the Selena's Faves set review here)...I decided to treat myself to this holiday set. 


The Blush & Glow Four Piece Mini Set from Rare Beauty came with two different mini versions of the Positive Light Liquid Luminizers. There was Magnetize (described as a set-exclusive light gold liquid highlight) and Transcend (described as a rose gold liquid highlight). Both are gorgeous and add such a beautiful glow to the skin. Magnetize, the golden luminizer, has been the one most used by me so far, just because gold looks wonderful with lots of different seasonal makeup looks. That being said, I can certainly see myself using Transcend, the rose gold luminizer, a lot in the spring and summer months. These are nicely pigmented, blend effortlessly into the skin, and last all day. The quality is super impressive and I just adore the finish. 


Also included in this Rare Beauty set were two mini versions of the Soft Pinch Liquid Blushes. Since a little goes a long way with the liquid blushes (no...really...use these sparingly, because the blushes are ultra pigmented) the mini versions are actually preferable. This Blush & Glow Four Piece Mini Set came with the shades Wisdom (described as a set-exclusive mauve plum) and Virtue (described as a soft terracotta). Though both are beautiful, my favourite is Wisdom. I love a mauve coloured blush and had been looking for something that colour for ages. That shade was actually the reason I decided to purchase the set. It was exactly what I had been searching for. The liquid blushes are very pigmented, blend well, and last all day long.


See what I mean about pigmented? These Rare Beauty products really deliver. Not only are they beautiful, colourful, and easy to use...but the products are vegan and cruelty free. Additionally, the brand states that both products are free of parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS and SLES, triclocarban, and triclosan. The products also contain less than one percent synthetic fragrance. As for the Blush & Glow Four Piece Mini Set, it cost $46 CDN. Though it is a little pricey, it is not too bad for four different products. Since a little bit goes such a long way, the minis are all that I really need, so this set works especially well for me. 

Have you tried any Rare Beauty products? What do you think of the items included in the holiday set?

18 comments:

  1. So nice set, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great set, Shannon, but $46 CDN sounds really pricey to my ears! That said, it might be worth it if a little goes a long way ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely pricey, but a nice treat for myself this holiday season!

      Delete
  3. These are lovely colours and so festive too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really nice to see so many friends but also a little bit stressful in this short time xD
    Thanks =) This candles are really beautiful and they smell so nice. Oh yes candles with jewelery are pretty.
    Thanks =) I'm happy to test this mascara, it looks so good. And the lipsticks are also nice.
    My advent calendars are really good, I love them so much and it's so nice to have such a variety of products to try :D
    Great review. This blush & glow set looks super cute and it would be a perfect present for christmas too. The glow shades are so beautiful, I would try them. And the pink blush would be nice for new year's eve.

    PS: Can you write a little comment under this post? https://www.yasminarosawoelkchen.de/2023/12/ohrwurm-november.html No one has seen it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the blush set was a really nice treat. I love the colours.

      Delete
  5. Die Farben sind wirklich traumhaft schön. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uma excelente terça-feira com muita paz e saúde. Produtos maravilhosos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are really pigmented indeed! I wish I could try all Rare products!

    ReplyDelete