Friday, June 16, 2023

when it rains, it pours, but soon the sun shines again.


Well, it happened. After more than three years of living in fear of COVID-19...it got me. As I mentioned briefly in my last post, my mom and I recently took a bus trip to New York City. Before the trip, I was having a lot of anxiety about the crowds and the possibility of catching something while there. After all, social distancing in the big apple is simply not possible. There are people absolutely everywhere you turn. Ahead of the trip (and even during), the people in my life told me that it was important to travel and do fun things. That it was worth the risk to make special memories. That everything would be fine. But here I am, back home, with a positive COVID test. Honestly? It's hard when your biggest fears become reality. 

This post was supposed to be focused on my New York City trip. Highlights, pictures, and all of that. Unfortunately, I have not been able to dive back into things as planned. At the moment, I feel behind on everything: cleaning, laundry, work, blog posts, writing tasks...all of it. Everything has more or less been put on pause while I try to feel like myself again. Sleep has been a real struggle, so I am absolutely exhausted all the time. Not to mention the coughing and everything else. Despite the fact that I have had four vaccinations, COVID has been seriously kicking my behind. Because of this unexpected New York souvenir, I've had to miss out on a special outing for my mom's birthday and have also made my husband sick. I feel so guilty and stressed about it all. Quite frankly, I also worry about how this experience will impact my anxiety moving forward. 

All of this is really to say that my posts might be a little spotty for the next several days. I still have ambitions to stick to a schedule (because writing always makes things better) but it will totally depend on how I am feeling from day to day. 

Sending you all my love. Stay happy and healthy, wherever you are.

6 comments:

  1. Dann wünsche ich mal gute Besserung, ich hatte Covid-19 auch bereits zweimal. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with it twice <3

      Delete
  2. Oh darling, my best wishes to you
    I wish you a quick recover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I hope your recovery goes quickly. I went into NYC last Fall and caught COVID. Then I went back in this February and caught RSV (bad cold). It's impossible, as you write, to protect yourself in such a dense atmosphere with people carrying diseases from around the world. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness. I'm so sorry that happened to you! Yes, it's so hard to have any personal space in a place like New York! <3

      Delete