Wednesday, June 14, 2023

love it or leave it? annaleigh ashford


Broadway shows are always spectacular, though some are better than others. Recently, my mom and I took a bus trip to New York City (more on that later) to see some shows. Though the crowds were a struggle for me...I did my best to brave them. One musical that we saw was Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. The main reason we went to the theater for that was to check out the incredible Josh Groban. However, there were a lot of stellar cast members, like Annaleigh Ashford. I was familiar with some of her television work, but had never seen her in a musical before. What a delight! Annaleigh stole every single scene that she was in. She was without a doubt the highlights of the Sweeney Todd musical. During the Tony Awards Nominee Luncheon (she is nominated in the Best Leading Actress of a Musical category), Annaleigh wore a bold purple outfit. Is it a love? Leave? Find out whether it is a love it or leave it? Be sure to share your own verdict in the comment section. 


What I Love: There is a lot to love about this outfit. For instance, the gorgeous purple colour of the suit. I also love the lace design and the appliques. The little peeks of skin that pop through the lace design makes this outfit both classy and fun. I also think the plunging neckline on the suit jacket is really tasteful and beautiful. The hair, makeup, and accessories are great as well. Everything is polished and pretty...and those extras really allow the lace suit to be the star. 

What I Loathe: There is something about the fit of this suit that just feels a bit off for me. Though an oversized suit can be really stylish, this isn't exaggerated enough. I would love to see it either much larger so it appeared intentionally oversized or for it to fit properly. The sleeves are a little too long, and the suit comes down a little too low. The suit jacket does not seem to fit quite right. This look is beautiful overall, but it needed just a bit more refinement, in my opinion.

So...love it or leave it? This is a love for me. The good outweighs the not as good. That colour looks stunning on Annaleigh and the lace design was especially beautiful. She wowed during the performance of Sweeney Todd and at the luncheon! 

What do you think of this outfit from Annaleigh Ashford? Love it or leave it?

10 comments:

  1. Oh that's beautiful, I love the flower patterns on the outfit she wears. it really stands out. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this style :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, was für eine Farbe, sieht toll aus in Kombination mit blonden Haaren. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to listen to the show. Broadway just fits different. I really love her outfit on the photos as well, the blazer color is SO rad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! There is something special about a Broadway show!

      Delete