Monday, April 17, 2023

testing out black radiance lip products.

A lot of different brands have been introduced at the drugstore lately. Some of these brands may have been available online only before or were not available in Canada previously. Whatever the reasons for their inclusion may be...it is nice to see a wider selection of offerings. While at Shoppers Drug Mart, there were a few new-to-me brands that caught my eye. One was Black Radiance. There were a lot of beautiful products available for darker skin colours, which was really refreshing to see at the drugstore. (A lot of other brands sold at the drugstore have a very limited selection when it comes to foundations and concealers. Definitely not okay.) Though there was a lot to choose from, it was the lip products that really wowed. For instance, a black lipstick and a metallic lipstick. Since the prices were affordable...it seemed like a no brainer. 

Clearly both of the Black Radiance lip products have a lot of appeal. I love the unique shade selection. When it comes to lipstick colours, nothing is off limits for me. Bright colours? Metallics? Dark colours? All are welcome. The two lip products from the brand that caught my eye included the Metalicious Lip Sculptor in the shade Lava Chrome and the Perfect Tone Lip Color in the shade Black Out. I was intrigued by the metallic finish on the Lava Chrome shade and was excited to see a black lipstick that was so affordable. It can be really difficult to find a black lipstick that is pigmented enough and stays put. My hope was that Black Radiance would be able to offer something spectacular. It is time to find out how these products performed.

First was the Metalicious Lip Sculptor in the shade Lava Chrome. There were a lot of really beautiful and interesting shades in the line, but Lava Chrome won out. I love a lipstick with a metallic finish. At least for now. It was $8.99 CDN and has a cone-shaped stick. According to the brand, the cone shape makes it easier to define the lips with prevision. The Metalicious Lip Sculptor also claims to have a highly reflective finish and saturated pigments. Additionally, it has Vitamin E and botanical extracts and also hydrates and softens the lips. There are lots of impressive claims, but how did this actually perform? As you can see from the photo above, Lava Chrome is bold in all the right ways. The cone-shaped design makes it really easy to apply the product with accuracy. The finish is metallic, but that metallic is not too over the top. This is really wearable but still makes a statement. The lipstick glides on really nicely, but it doesn't feel ultra hydrating on the lips. I found myself adding lip balm over top so there was enough moisture. However, my lips tend to be dry, so that might not be the case for everyone who uses this product. Overall, it was impressive and I love the end result. I am definitely open to trying different colours. 

The second product was the Perfect Tone Lip Color in the shade Black Out. As I mentioned, black lipstick is something that I love. In the past, I've tried different black lipsticks from different brands, like KVD and Essence. Some black lipsticks work better than others. When it comes to the Black Radiance version, there are some pros and cons to consider. The pros? This costs only $2.99 CDN and it is possible to create a head turning look. The cons? This doesn't exactly live up to the product claims. According to the brand, the Perfect Tone Lip Color is a pigment rich cream with Vitamin E, has a buttery soft and creamy texture, and has lasting full coverage. That being said, when applying the lipstick, the product does not glide along the lips well and does not feel hydrating. It also takes a lot of layers to create a fully black lip look. The end result was decent (and you can't beat the price) but a black lipstick needs to apply well and stay put. This doesn't quite do that. It's not that I won't wear the Black Radiance lipstick, but when wearing it, there will be a certain amount of maintenance required. 

Have you tried anything from Black Radiance? What do you think of these lipstick colours?

6 comments:

  1. So cool lipsticks, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm loving that black lipstick! What a shame it doesn't glide along nicely and does not feel hydrating. I think that's such a let-down in a lipstick.
    That said, seeing your black lipstick was a trip down memory lane for me. These were not readily available back in the late 70s, but I do remember finally finding what I was looking for from the Mary Quant range! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good black lipstick, but it's hard to find one that really performs well and lasts. Oh, that is fabulous! Mary Quant makes me feel so nostalgic. I remember visiting London with my family when I was a pre-teen. My parents bought me a Mary Quant nail polish and I felt like the most beautiful girl in the whole world! It's amazing how beauty products and brands can bring back so many special memories <3

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any of the products, but you look beautiful with both colours! ♥

    ReplyDelete