Wednesday, April 5, 2023

inspired by: daisy jones and the six

Sometimes, a television show ends, but it stays with you even after the credits roll. That is exactly what happened with Daisy Jones and The Six. This Amazon Prime series was released early last month and the finale aired a couple of weeks ago. Since then, bits and pieces of the soundtrack have floated around my head. "Did we unravel a long time ago? Is there too much we don't wanna know? I wish it was easy, but it isn't so. Oh, we could make a good thing bad." Not only was the show itself compelling, with complex characters and a documentary style, but the music. Ahh, the music. This show was set in the 70s and the songs reflect that time period perfectly. In short? The album is outstanding. Incredible lyrics. Earworms that just won't leave your head. Just a fabulous celebration of love and pain and destruction. In addition to the captivating television show itself - and the must-listen soundtrack - there was another aspect of Daisy Jones and The Six that made me happy: the fashion. As I mentioned, the show was set in the 1970s, which meant there was incredible 70s style throughout the series. 


Since I am currently listening to the Daisy Jones and The Six soundtrack, AURORA, it seemed only fitting that there be a good old fashion inspiration post here on the creation of beauty is art. Whether you are obsessed with the show (like me), have read the book (which is on my to-read list), or are simply interested in 1970s inspired fashion...this post is for you. 

Daisy Jones and The Six is a show that stands out. After all, it offers great music, great fashion, and a stellar cast. (You can check out some of the music from the show here if you are interested.) Whether or not there will be a second season remains to be seen. Based on what I've heard, the cast is open to the idea, but the content of the book has more or less been covered. So, who knows? In the meantime, the Daisy Jones and The Six soundtrack will remain in heavy rotation in my home. 

Did you watch Daisy Jones and The Six? Are you a fan of 1970s inspired fashion?

12 comments:

  1. I have no idea about the show but I keep reading that they sound a lot like Fleetwood Mac and I love FM. I really need to check some of the music out.

    Always loved 60s and 70s fashion :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that Fleetwood Mac was the inspiration, but I'm not sure whether that is accurate. At any rate, I think you would like the music!

      Delete
  2. I loved 70s fashion; thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must catch this show, as I've been hearing and reading nothing but good things about it. Plus I love 70s fashion and music. I did most of my growing up in that decade so it would definitely mean a trip down memory lane. Thank you for sharing Shannon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to see this serie yet but really cani wait!
    These styling are superior and even a cool inspiration for the nxt summer!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darling how are you? I confess that I don't know these characters but the happy 70s style is always fascinating

    ReplyDelete