Saturday, February 18, 2023

review: stila gift of light liquid eye shadow set

It is no secret that eyeshadow is my absolute favourite. When it comes to beauty purchases, I am far more likely to spend my money on an eyeshadow quad or eyeshadow palette than on a new lipstick. (Even though I do love a good lipstick.) There is just something so thrilling about eyeshadows. I love the different colours and finishes. And I also love that eyeshadows can transform a makeup look. They are versatile and fun to use. Almost all of the eyeshadows in my collection are powder. I say "almost all" because over the holidays, I was gifted the Stila Gift of Light Liquid Eye Shadow Set. The set includes three travel-sized liquid eyeshadows in three different finishes. Here is everything you need to know about these Stila products.

The liquid eyeshadows from Stila are not entirely new to me. A few years back, one of the sets was also gifted to me, and I just loved it. (Check out that review here.) The shadows were easy to use and looked beautiful. So, it was definitely a thrill to be treated to the Gift of Light Liquid Eye Shadow Set. There were three shadows in all with three different finishes. This includes: Glisten and Glow in Kitten Kaleidoscope (shimmery warm champagne), Glitter and Glow in Diamond Dust (silver glitter), and Shimmer and Glow in Starlight (pearly cream). There is a lot to love here. The travel sizes are ideal, because liquid shadows dry out. It is better for me to have the smaller sizes so all of the product can be used before that happens. I also really like the fact that there are three different finishes included in thet set and that the colours are really easy to wear. 


So...how do the shadows perform? Kitten Kaleidoscope is the deepest of the three and can be worn alone or paired with other shadows. For the look above, it was applied all over the lid and then the Shimmer and Glow shade was added to the center of the eyelid. Speaking of the shimmer shadow, Starlight, it is stunning. Definitely my favourite from the set. The finish is so beautiful and the colour is really bright and vibrant. As for the glitter shade in this set, unfortunately, the applicator broke off inside the tube shortly after opening. Such a letdown! This indicates to me that the applicator was not attached correctly from the start. For a higher end product, this is not acceptable. The packaging should be solid and sturdy. Since only two of the three liquid eyeshadows were useable for me...this impacts my overall experience with the products. I will definitely continue to use the two liquid eyeshadows that work, but it really is a shame that the glitter shadow cannot be salvaged. 

Have you used any of the liquid eye shadows from Stila? What did you think of them?

10 comments:

  1. I loved reading your review, the glitter eyeshadow looks beautiful.💙
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich finde die Farben traumhaft schön, sieht toll aus. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful make-up!

    https://marylyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to confess I've never used a liquid eye shadow ... What a shame the applicator broke off in one of them. You're right, this is totally unacceptable for a higher end product! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a letdown! I definitely expect more from something that is higher end.

      Delete