Friday, February 10, 2023

testing out the kylie cosmetics lip kit in o'deer matte


Even though it is February, holiday themed makeup items are in heavy rotation at the moment. Many beauty items were gifted to me this Christmas and some of those items came with fabulous seasonal packaging. The Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit in O'Deer Matte is one example. On Christmas Eve, my husband encouraged me to open one gift from underneath the tree. (There had been a lot of bad weather and power outages. It was a stressful day, so he wanted me to have a little Christmas magic early.) Well...I unwrapped this lip kit and felt very spoiled. Ready to take a look at O'Deer? Find out how this lip kit performed? Here is everything you need to know about the holiday themed Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Liner duo from Kylie Cosmetics


When it comes to seasonal packaging, this Kylie Cosmetics product checks off all the boxes and then some. It is so cute! The cardboard box looks like a wrapped present and the Kylie logo is printed in red glitter. On the inside, the products are also themed. The liquid lipstick has little deer footprints on the lid and the glass is frosted. I love the red lettering as well. All in all, this lip kit screams holiday. Of course, there were two different items included. There is the Matte Liquid Lipstick in 819 O'Deer and the Lip Liner in 819 O'Deer. These are described as being a "rose nude" but these shades are not what I would call a nude. Both the liner and liquid lipstick are quite colourful and pigmented. These products make a statement.


The lip liner is ultra creamy and applies easily. It is richly pigmented and the pencil itself sharpens well. I've had a good experience with Kylie Cosmetics lip liners in the past and this one is no different. I just love how the liner glides along the lips. Many other liners that I have tried are dry and difficult to use. This formula stands out and is one of my all time favourites. As for the liquid lipstick, this applies easily and dries down fairly quickly. Though some other liquid lipsticks from the brand have had a sweet almost vanilla scent...this particular liquid lipstick has no scent at all. I'm not sure if this means the brand has made some changes to the formula or not, but it performs the same as the others that I have tried in the past. The O'Deer colour is really rich and warm. It works well with a lot of different makeup looks...from the holiday season and beyond. 


As you can see from the photo above, this lip liner and liquid lipstick combination is gorgeous. I love the warm color and how versatile it is. In this instance, I paired it with a simple but shimmery makeup look. The combination felt very holiday, but I am certain that these lip products will continue to be worn into the spring and summer months as well. The quality was stellar and the packaging was downright adorable. If you ask me, this holiday themed Kylie Cosmetics lip kit is a winner. 

Have you tried any products from Kylie Cosmetics? What do you think of the O'Deer lip kit?

18 comments:

  1. Hi dear, I love this lipstick. I have bought this too in Kyle's colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely thought your husband had on that bad day!
    And such cute present! Even just the packaging looks great!
    Even the colors of both look pretty: full but not too much bright!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. Definitely made the day better! And I totally agree with you about the colours. Full but not too much!

      Delete
  3. It was a good choice for you, and you look fantastic in it. Your skin looks really stunning with that healthy glow.

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/color-shoes-to-wear-with-brown-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great lip kit, although the lack of taste might have been a bit of a letdown. I wouldn't call this a neutral either, by the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes that was really kind from him =) It's so cozy and warm, I love it and I want to live in it :D

    Great review =) This Kylie cosmetics lip kit looks nice, I love the colours. Your look is beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Agree! I've tried lots from her line and most things have been impressive!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is a super nice and beautiful set! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear! Even though these products and their entire line are very popular, I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I have to try. This color suits you very well, it's so warm :) It looks beautiful on the lips!
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will be able to try them out some time! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Przepięknie! Pasuje Ci ten kolor.

    ReplyDelete