Wednesday, February 22, 2023

perfume week: dolly parton scent from above set

Dolly Parton is a beloved icon. And for good reason! Countless hit singles and albums. Sold out concert tours. Big budget movies and TV specials. Books. Not to mention all of her philanthropy. (The Imagination Library is especially wonderful.) Dolly is a treasure. Her kindness and care for all is admirable and seems to bridge the gap even during times of division. There is something so special about her. I have been a fan for a long time and could not resist the Dolly Parton Scent From Above set. Back when I was visiting Frankenmuth in the fall, there was a bit of time to do some shopping. We were browsing the shelves and bam: there is was. Without a tester available, this was purchased without ever smelling it. I figured the bottle was nice enough that even if the scent wasn't my favourite...there was something to enjoy. Ready to find out more about the Scent From Above set? It is time to take a closer look at the set and find out more about the fragrance itself. 

As part of the latest theme week, it is time to take a closer look at the Scent From Above set from Dolly Parton. This came with three different items. The first was the Scent from Above Eau de Toilette Spray (1.7 fluid ounces). Next there was an oversized pink butterfly clip. Lastly, there was the Scent from Above Body Mist (8 fluid ounces). Butterflies have always been a common theme with Dolly, so it was not surprising at all that they were incorporated into the design. Everything about the look was just classic Dolly: the light pink colour, the classic bottle design, and the beautiful butterflies. When it comes to the bottle design for the Eau de Toilette, it just checks off all the boxes. I love the oversized pink butterfly on top and the Dolly signature on the bottle itself.  So pretty! As for the butterfly clip itself, that was such a fun extra. The clip is beautiful and could definitely work well with an elaborate hair look. As for me? I have this clipped onto a picture board that hangs in my beauty room. The Body Mist is a good size and comes in standard packaging. I do like that the butterfly is carried over there as well.

Scent From Above is described as having top notes of peony, pear, black currant, and mandarin orange. The middle notes are vanilla orchid, jasmine, and lily-of-the-valley. The base notes are musk, amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, and fir. Though I really wanted to love this perfume (because Dolly is everything)...it is not my favourite. To be honest, it smells a bit stuffy. A bit like an overly fragranced hand soap at a mid-tier restaurant. It's not that this scent is entirely unpleasant, but it definitely does not speak to my personality or preferences. I suppose that was always the risk, because I did purchase it without being able to smell it first. That being said, I still love the packaging and the design. It makes me smile to look at. Though it would've been nice if the perfume was a winner, the Scent From Above products are more like display items for me. 

Have you tried the Scent From Above perfume from Dolly Parton? What did you think of it?

16 comments:

  1. I never even knew she had a perfume! That is amazing. I love the packaging and your review is excellent. Check out my new post thrifting faves featuring Fashionphile.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/02/5-must-thrift-fashionphile-finds-crowd.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Dolly Parton has a fragrance out, nice! From what you describe I bet it smells amazing. Thanks for the heads up!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das klingt fantastisch, muss ich probieren. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is an icon, I hope it smell great just like her.
    New post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/best-shampoo-for-dandruff.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame the scent itself doesn't live up to expectations. The packaging is gorgeous though. I'd be using the butterfly clip as a brooch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but at least this is a looker. So smart to use the butterfly clip as a brooch! I never even thought of that. You are a genius!

      Delete
  6. I didn't know this perfume but the packaging is really lovely!
    And even the fragrance sounds great!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Dolly Parton as a singer but I had no idea she had a perfume at his name. I imagine it must be fancy and sassy just like she is.

    ReplyDelete