Monday, July 20, 2026

the return of country chic (bath and body works)

For several years, the discontinuation of Country Chic from Bath & Body Works has weighed heavy on my heart. Every time that I visited the store, the available scents were compared to that beloved fragrance. I tried various items from the Gingham collection, looking for something that was somewhat similar. Though there were all sorts of wonderful items available...there was no Country Chic. I fell in love with this particular scent many years ago and repurchased the Moisture Body Butter version many times. Country Chic was discontinued around 2014 and life has been less beautiful ever since. Until recently. 

While walking past the Bath & Body Works store, there were all sorts of bins out for the sale that was on. Since the prices were so low, it made sense to take a peek and see if there was anything of interest, since I use their soaps and body washes consistently. Then...I saw it. Country Chic. I was shocked and completely thrilled. After so many years, it was back. That nostalgic scent immediately transported me to a much simpler time in my life. There was a Body Cream and Body Lotion available, so two of each were brought to the register with enthusiasm. On the way out of the store, my husband spotted a few bottles of Body Wash in the Country Chic scent as well, so it was time for round two of my ultra nostalgic purchases. Since there was a sale on, all of the Country Chic items were a fraction of the regular cost, which was definitely a bonus.

Now for a mini review. This is described as a scent from the "vault" and it is bright, floral, and fresh. It was originally from 2011 and seems to have been discontinued around 2014. Though I cannot speak to what the original blend was, this time around, the fragrance notes are sparkling lemon, warm marigold, golden sunflower, orange blossom, and amber wood. Though it is hard to know if this is the exact same as the original version, it smells exactly how I remember. It is uplifting and comforting all at the same time. The only difference that I can have noticed is the longevity. While the old school Body Butter made me smell like Country Chic all day and all night, the scent of the Body Lotion and Body Cream only lasts for an hour or two. This is disappointing, but to be honest, it is such a treat to have the scent back at all that I do not care if I need to reapply this lotion throughout the day. I saw online that there is a Fine Fragrance Mist version as well, so perhaps that is something to look into.

This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.

What scents make you feel nostalgic? Did you ever try the Country Chic items from Bath and Body Works?

4 comments:


  1. That’s great! It’s nice that you got your beloved scent back. The packaging looks lovely, too.

    Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know this brand but now I'm super curious especially about the scent!^^
    Have to find it!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used these before, but I would not mind giving them a test run to see how they scent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine it must be very good and refreshing! Since I moved to the US, I haven't been to any Bath & Body Works here, I should make a visit soon and try this one! Thank you for the review, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete