It is no secret that thrift stores and antique stores make me happy. You never know what treasure you might find there! During a
recent cottage vacation with some family members, there were several such stores visited in Fenelon Falls, Bobcaygeon, and Lindsay. I was lucky enough to find some wonderful items to add to my always growing collection of movies, books, and music.
Goldie Hawn Autograph and CDs. In one of the stores that we visited, there was a Goldie Hawn autograph displayed in a glass case. Since I have been a fan of her movies for as long as I can remember, it was a no brainer that this autograph was coming home with me. Not only was there a certificate of authenticity included, but this framed autograph cost only $20 CDN. I could not believe it. This is one of the more unique and exciting finds in all of my years of thrifting. This Goldie Hawn autograph will be hung on the wall in my home office in the very near future! There were also some CDs that I found during this last cottage vacation, including two Perry Como compilation albums and a classic Reba album. I've got lots to keep me inspired.

Mysteries, Mysteries, and More Mysteries. I love a cozy mystery novel. Believe it or not, there are other books on my shelf and on my reading list, but mystery novels remain my favourite genre. Some of the books shown above were found at thrift stores, like In Peppermint Peril and The Clue in the Antique Trunk, but others were purchased by my dad when we were at a dollar store in Bobcaygeon. He knows how much I love these sorts of books and kindly purchased several that caught my eye. These are not authors that I am familiar with, so it is exciting that I will be able to read some books by a few new-to-me authors.

Christmas VHS Tapes. Even though my husband was not thrilled about more VHS tapes (his argument is that they take up a lot of space and my argument is that it is hard to find certain holiday movies on DVD)...it was a thrill to find some Christmas movies on VHS. All of these came sealed and were affordable. The first is Mrs. Santa Claus starring the incredible Angela Lansbury and the other three are Christmas cartoons with songs from Bing Crosby. I already watched the Good King Wenceslas VHS tape and loved it. The Bing Crosby song was woven through thoughtfully and the special was really unique. I look forward to watching the 12 Days of Christmas and Silent Night specials in the near future. These were really exciting thrifted finds.

Christmas, Lifestyle, and Music DVDs. When it comes to the DVD selection at thrift stores, you never know quite what you will find. This time around, there were a few more Christmas movies to add to my collection (I already watched Holiday Switch and loved it) as well as a collection of Jamie Oliver specials and a Hilary Duff concert DVD that I shockingly did not already own.
All Sorts of Records. In addition to a three CD set from Bing Crosby that was pictured earlier in the post (it is the size of a record, but contains a large booklet and three CDs with songs from 1928 to 1934), there were six records that I found at various locations. This includes a Christmas album, a Shirley Jones single, Chipmunks record, two Bobby Sherman albums, and a Barbie Country Favorites record. I cannot wait to listen to the Barbie Country Favorites record, because one of the listed tracks is Thank God I'm a Country Girl, which I assume is a twist on the John Denver classic, Thank God I'm a Country Boy.
This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.
Do you like to browse thrift stores? What kind of items do you usually look for when you are thrifting?
Bom dia minha querida amiga Shannon, fui num brechó, na cidade do Rio de Janeiro, tirei uma foto de um desenho maravilhoso. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares.
ReplyDeleteOh how fabulous! I love that you find inspiration everywhere you go!
DeleteVintage shops are definitely a treasure trove; that Goldie Hawn photo was a real find! The books look so entertaining.
ReplyDelete