Monday, July 13, 2026

a day at the lake restores the soul.


It is time for a mini blog break here on the creation of beauty is art. Several members of my family enjoy spending time at a rented cottage each summer (a tradition that started during the COVID-19 pandemic when most of the world was shut down) which means that I am begrudgingly being dragged along. Though I do not like being away from the comfort of my home and do not particularly enjoy all of the mosquitos, there are usually lots of antique and thrift stores to explore. And this year, my husband and I are planning to take a daytrip to a small theme park that isn't too far away. Since I will be occupied for the next week, there will be a mini break, but new posts will be shared on the creation of beauty is art. as soon as I return. Until then! 

This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.

Do you have any travel plans this summer? Are you someone who enjoys spending lots of time in nature?

21 comments:

  1. It's looking so delightfully peaceful, Shannon. Hearing you on the mosquitos though :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really busy but fun week =) Oh yes this was really strange, I don't know why some people are so strange.
    It was a really delicious and healthy dessert =)
    Thank you, I like this heart shape too =)
    Oh yes I had a really great time, thank you <3
    I like my new stuff too =) Of course my mom also do some shopping for me like this monday (I will post it soon).

    I wish you a great time there =) It's always good to take a break and just relax with family and friends. I like the nature too, it gives so much power =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a dream house ....They are so expensive that they don't even allow one to dream of buying such houses in Türkiye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly couldn't afford to have one! But at least it is possible to rent something every now and then!

      Delete
  4. I wish you a great trip and a good rest.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love trips like this. We recently returned from the seaside. I hope you get some rest and recharge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing! Safe travels, and get a lot of rest! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear, this place seems wonderful to me 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you! I ended up with two bites, but it could've been worse!

      Delete
  9. Mosquitos are a nasty problems on the lakes for me too, they can really ruin an evening snak on the shore but fresh aired mornings on the other hand can compensate for that.
    Have fun and hope you'll be lucky in all your quests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boa noite Shannon. Estamos em pleno inverno, mais parece que estamos no verão. Onde eu moro com a minha mãe, as vezes parece um pouquinho de mosquito. Uma excelente noite de domingo para você e seu marido. Bom início de semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the weather is enjoyable at least! Thank you so much!

      Delete