Friday, May 12, 2017

new in: accessories (guess, betsey johnson, and more)


Now that spring is fully underway, there are a few fashion and beauty goals on my radar. Some examples? Taking better care of my skin, wearing all of the shoes in my collection, going through my wardrobe, and being bolder with accessories. The latter is especially important to me right now. Why? It seems that accessories are the one area that I have been slacking on lately. Even though I have tons of different pieces (that I adore)....I often forget to wear anything other than my favourite necklace.

I am ready to change that habit. On a recent shopping trip, a few accessories caught my eye. They were all on sale, so I was able to nab them for a great price. Score! Already, a few of them have been incorporated into my daily outfits. These a fun, fresh, and the perfect way to welcome in a new season of fashion. So, what did I pick up? My mini mall haul included:
  • Guess choker set (which included a white felt rose-inspired choker, a burgundy and gold suede choker, and a gold choker with danging spades). These are all really gorgeous, nice quality, and comfortable to wear. The gold one is my favourite, for sure.
  • Forever 21 fluffy pink scrunchie. Boy, am I glad the 90s are back in style. It means this Clueless-esque scrunchie is totally wearable again! My plan is to incorporate this bold hair accessory into a topknot bun.
  • Disney earring set. These Little Mermaid earrings were gifted to me from my mom....and I love them! My favourite pair is definitely the ones of Ariel. These will come in handy during my Disney vacation this summer.
  • Betsey Johnson pink pretzel earrings. There are many reasons that I love all things Betsey, but these pretzel earrings pretty much sum it up. They are so fun! I just could not get over how cute and original they were. Fingers crossed that I will find the perfect time and place to wear them.
These are a few of the latest accessories in my collection. So far, they are inspiring me to get creative and mix things up every now and again.

Something else that has been inspiring me? The Koko Kollection from Kylie Cosmetics. My latest YouTube video is a try on and review of the set....take a look!



Have you bought any accessories lately? 

xo Shannon

9 comments: