Saturday, January 14, 2017

my boxing day shopping experience.


Oh, boxing day shopping. It has always been a tradition in my household. Though it never quite made sense (buying things the day after receiving a mountain of presents), it is a tradition nonetheless. Every year, my mom and I head out to score some sweet deals and spend the day together. The time we spend together is easily the best part...but shopping is always fun.

There are certain malls we tend to go to. For whatever reason, we opted to head to another mall altogether this past Boxing Day. It was a chance to do something different and check out some new stores. Unfortunately? This was a very bad idea. The mall we went to was so crowded that simply moving around the mall was next to impossible. There were line ups to get into almost every store (including an hour long wait for Michael Kors or Kate Spade. Insane!) and a frenzied, chaotic environment. It took us one hour just to get out of the parking lot. Needless to say, it was not a wonderful experience. But we learned a valuable lesson: don't go back to that mall!

On the plus side, we did manage to pick up a few special items. For me, that included: a sequined Calvin Klein sweater, a Mickey Mouse hoodie, Mouseketeer PJs, a pair of pajama bottoms, some bold earrings, an inflatable Dory, a stack of movies, a Santa Claus tote bag and a bunch of holiday themed accessories.

Though this Boxing Day was not the best we have had....it was certainly memorable.

Have you done any shopping recently?

xo Shannon

13 comments:

  1. so nice...
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so cute, I love it.
    I just follow the blog, follow back?
    Kisses
    http://virginiaferreira91.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got a good Boxing Day haul! Can I have those Mickey pajamas?!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweater with the Mickey Mouse print on it. :)
    Have a nice Sunday. :) xoxo

    P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog :)
    i'm your new follower by blogger and bloglovin ♥
    www.blog017.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Have a lovely Day! 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very cute items darling!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've honestly never really thought of Boxing Day! I will occasionally go out and shop the day after Christmas and I just figured the stores were crowded because people were happy to escape their houses after the holidays haha! I does sound like a nice time to score some deals, though. I keep getting emails about sales going on and their torturing me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've five some really nice stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute * - * I'm a your new GFC follower ♥

    ReplyDelete