Thursday, October 20, 2016

review: lime crime velvetines liquid matte lipstick


Squash. Few words conjure up images of fall faster than squash. Perhaps this explains my full-blown obsession with the Lime Crime Liquid Matte Lipstick (in the shade "Squash," of course). I picked up a couple of Lime Crime products at IMATS a couple of weeks back. Since then, I have been doing lots of testing and trying. Essentially, I have been finding out which products make my heart sing and which ones are complete and total letdowns. So far? Squash is the absolute standout.

There are many reasons this liquid lipstick has impressed me. For starters, the packaging is gorgeous. It is both cute and simple - the perfect combination. I love the floral print on the cap and the frosted glass effect on the bottom. It gives the product an undeniable charm from the get go. Then there is the formula itself. It goes on creamy, dries completely but doesn't feel drying (like so many liquid lipsticks do), and is intensely pigmented. Yes, this is a standout for many different reasons.


The most important? The colour. I'll be honest, there are an awful lot of lipstick colours in my makeup collection. From purple to red, green, blue, gold, and well, just about every colour of the rainbow. Except squash. This is the ultimate fall shade. It is bold but warm - making it easy to make a statement without feeling out of place or over the top. Not only was this colour my favourite of the Lime Crime lipsticks (I also picked up Blondie while at IMATS. It is a metallic shade that swatches beautifully but looks alien-esque on the lips) but it is one of my favourite lip products ever.

I wore Squash in my latest YouTube video. Take a look to see the lip colour in action and to find out more about my IMATS experience....


This is one lip product that took my breath away. Every time I wear Squash, I feel like a million bucks. It is a stunning fall shade that looks great, feels comfortable, and lasts for ages. Lime Crime is a fantastic brand....and I am so happy that I picked up a few of their products.

What do you think of this shade? Have you tried anything from Lime Crime?

xo Shannon

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god! Squash is wonderful on you ❤️ I love velvetines too. My favourite liquid lipstick together the everlasting liquid lipstick of kat von d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the color. It definitely screams Fall! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning nuance.
    Good weekend, see you soon.

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this brand, but I loooove that orange! So fun and cute on you.
    TGIF! XO,
    Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that Squash suits you so much it looks stunning on you!

    Cityscape Bliss // The day we got a banjo, a ukulele & a piano (yup, mid-life crisis right there!)

    ReplyDelete