Monday, April 25, 2016

perfume is the key to our memories.


Nothing excites me quite like perfume. The beautiful packaging....the elaborate bottles...the gorgeous scents. It is a truly wonderful thing. For me? A bottle of perfume is an instant mood booster. It can transport me to a happier and more balanced place. Which is probably why my perfume collection is so massive. (I keep meaning to do a perfume collection post but my organization is seriously lacking. One day!) Well, it has grown a little larger. Recently my husband surprised me with some new perfumes. For no reason at all. They definitely made me smile and brightened up my day.

There were three perfumes in total - one collection, one set, and one individual fragrance. Each one has its own distinct scent and personality. So today's post is going to be a mini review of the latest items in my collection.


The first was a fantastic perfume set by Jessica Simpson. I am a big fan of hers so my husband decided to treat me to some of her fragrances. This set included mini bottles of Fancy, Vintage Bloom, I Fancy You, and Fancy Love. The first, Fancy, is definitely one of the standouts. It has a musky kind of scent with fruity undertones. This is the perfect everyday scent. Next was Vintage Bloom. Since I received a full sized version of this one....I will hold off on my review! Then there was I Fancy You. It is bright, fresh, and flirty. Definitely great for date night. Then there is Fancy Love. While I enjoy this fragrance it is probably my least favourite of the four. It has a very sophisticated scent. Nice for special occasions but not something I would reach for on a regular basis.  

The next part of this perfume haul is Vintage Bloom by Jessica Simpson. Let me just say....I love this. A lot. The bottle is so beautiful and romantic. Plus this gift set came with a full sized perfume, a shower gel, and a body lotion. (I always love receiving gift sets. The extras are fantastic!) Now for the scent itself. Everything about it is romantic and whimsical. It has this effortless beauty about it. Which is why I find myself reaching for it constantly lately. In fact, this is the perfume I will be taking with me on my upcoming Disney trip. It is just so lovely. I cannot say enough positive things about this perfume. It smells amazing and gives me an instant boost of confidence. 


The last on the list? The Betsey Johnson perfume. If for any reason I had to choose my favourite fashion designer? It would be Betsey. Hands down. She is such an inspiration to me. I love her distinct styles and playful creations. Which is why my husband picked up this Betsey perfume. He actually bought me a bottle of this a few months back. But I have been wearing it constantly. He actually noticed how much I had used up and decided to buy me a backup bottle. So sweet! 


So there you have it. The latest additions to my (always growing) perfume collection. Overall, I was super impressed with these fragrances. They smell amazing and the bottles are lovely.

Have you tried these? What is your favourite perfume?

xo Shannon

18 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: fabulous perfume .We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about perfume. 1) An outfit is not complete without that final spritz of perfume. 2) The way you feel when someone compliments you on your perfume or when you're walking somewhere and you know you smell good lol. I love Vintage Bloom!!! It smells so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet hubby! I need to try that Betsey J one.
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mini perfumes package! If it's in a restaurant, it's like a sample platter menu. I can try everything at once :D

    Anyway, I'm following you now on GFC. Would you mind to follow me back? ;)
    Take care,
    Rizuna from 100% Nerd

    PS: don't forget to check this out >> Na-Ra Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look lovely. I am a big fan of Katy Perry Killer Queen!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of this perfumes but I would love to. My favorite perfume is Tender Romance by Ralph Lauren. You should try it. Or maybe you already have it. Lol!

    http://mintygold.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely perfumes and beautiful packaging!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely perfumes ♥


    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so lovely! I love the packaging :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the comment <3
    really nice :D

    www.pinkie-love-forever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fragrances and I love the mini sizes!!! In this moment I love Black Opium, a gourmand coffee floral parfume!!!
    ...kiss...lu!!!
    http://beautylovelemiefollie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such nice fragrances! Love the packaging :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love mini size anything these perfumes look gorgeous x
    martinacurran19.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete