There is one thing I have been trying to do less of....and that is buying makeup. I find this tremendously difficult because makeup is my biggest passion. I love trying new products, playing with colours, getting creative, and expanding my skills. Despite trying to cut back, I gave myself a drugstore splurge day a little while back. Were there new things I wanted to try? Things I had been curious about? Grab em!
As you can see from the picture above, I ended up grabbing a bunch of new things. That included the Joe Fresh Radiant Face Serum, Cover Girl Age Defying Pressed Powder, Elf Pout & Pucker Lip Set, the the L'Oreal Eva Longoria Lipstick, Wet n' Wild Lipstick, the Cover Girl Outlast lip product, and the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation (re-purchase).
Since I ended up buying a number of new products, I thought that I would make this post a haul and mini-review. Just some quick highlights on a few of the products. There will be full reviews for the Cover Girl Outlast and the Elf Pout & Pucker Lip Set in the weeks to come. Ready to get started? This is a closer look at my drugstore makeup haul.
Let's start with the skin! I have been looking at skincare products a lot lately. This is probably because I am getting married in four months....and I really want my skin to look perfect. I decided to give the Joe Fresh Radiant Face Serum a try. Largely because of the claims. Brighten, hydrate, and tone? Sounds good to me! I have been using this twice a day for the last few weeks and so far I don't notice any difference. But I am not giving up yet. I know that certain skin care products take a while before you start to notice the results. So, I am going to continue and cross my fingers.
The next part of my haul was the Cover Girl Age-Defying Pressed Powder. I know a lot of people prefer high end powders but personally I have never seen the advantage. I have really dry skin on my face and find that pressed powders tend to do more harm than good. Which is why I typically choose a drugstore powder and use it just on my nose and my under eye area. I wanted to try something different so I opted for this one. So far so good! It has surprisingly good coverage and a very silky texture. Plus, the packaging is really pretty. Bonus!
Now to finish off this drugstore haul post! One of the other items I picked up was a lipstick from L'Oreal. They had a line of lip colours inspired by certain celebrities. The one I chose was Eva Longoria. The shade Eva's Nude was a deep nude colour that is super sexy and easy to wear. The reason I picked this? I love Eva and I loved the packaging as well. It is sleek and sultry and has a print of her signature on it. So pretty!
Overall, this drugstore haul was a major success. It was so much fun to splurge and pick up a few new things. Just as fun? Trying everything out. Nothing could be more thrilling.
What do you think of these products? Have you tried any?
Editing Note: Since Milani chose to contribute to a campaign that involved the harassment and bullying of a domestic violence survivor, I no longer support the brand and do not recommend their products. Spend your money wisely and look elsewhere.
xo Shannon
xo Shannon






...I want to try something wet n wild...now it's sold also in italy!!!
ReplyDelete...kiss...lu!!!
The L'Oreal lipstick is so pretty! Have some of them and are great lipsticks in my opinion ^^
ReplyDeleteLove from VOH, pretty!
Enjoy the day <3
nice post :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/
Great Post! I didn't even know Wet and Wild had a lipstick collection. I just thought it was all their wonderful lip balms. That looks like a great colour.
ReplyDeletexo Andrea
http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca/
Terrific haul, Shannon.
ReplyDeletexox
Lenya
FashionDreams&Lifestyle
These products look awesome! Especially those lipsticks!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day,
Sonia Verardo
http://www.trenchcollection.com/
Great products! I want all of them *_*
ReplyDeletekisses
Francesca http://www.everydaycoffee.it/
Wonderful pieces, love this lipstick color. *__*
ReplyDeleteNew post is online...
You are the beauty guru babe! Always on point with the latest and greatest...funny how makeup is the thing I buy the least! lol...I've had palettes for almost a decade now...I hope it's still good! hahhaahah
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog sweets, would love to get your thoughts on my latest!
Xx- Julie
Haute Khuuture Blog
Very nice things you picked up! I love the lipstick!
ReplyDeleteXO Imke
great products love the lipstick colors!
ReplyDeleteCollections By Kim
That L'Oreal lipstick is gorgeous !
ReplyDeletexoxo,
http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/
I already try some productos from wet n wild and i like it. Nice review!
ReplyDeleteVisit us when u can pls!
Xoxo!
Great buys Shannon! I'm loving the natural shades of the lipsticks.. and I'm quite intrigued by the Milani Brow and Eye Highligther.. it looks so promising.. I might pick one up for myself! :)
ReplyDeleteTake care always, love Christine ~ xx
BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK
Love the L'Oreal lipstick!!
ReplyDeleteI followed you :)
mystylishcorner.blogspot.com
Great haul! That Wet n Wild lippie is gorgeous!! I agree about their shadows too!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings