Friday, January 2, 2015

and if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.


The confetti has fallen but I am still in a holiday state of mind. The end of the holiday season is always a tough one. Suddenly, you are forced back into the regular day to day routine. There are bills to pay, responsibilities to think about, and to-do lists to tackle. That is why I have been keeping the seasonal spirit alive with my makeup routine. I have been doing this by adding in a little glitz and glam!

Recently, I decided to create a makeup look around a newer item in my collection. It is the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Glitter Single in Spiked. As you can see from the picture above, this is essentially a silver glitter eyeshadow. When I bought it, I assumed that it would be a powder product. However, this has a creamy, almost wet consistency. At first I wasn't sure how it would work in terms of application - but it did a great job of putting the colour and shimmer right where I wanted it.

To go with this shimmery silver shadow? I used a burgundy shadow on the lid, a hint of black in the crease, some liquid liner, my favourite mascara, a pale pink blush, and a nude gloss on the lips to finish it all off. This was my way of bringing a little warmth to winter makeup. Are you ready to see my holiday inspired makeup look? Here it is....


Products Used: 
Flower Beauty foundation, Rimmel 3-in-1 bronzer, Wet n' Wild Glittery Eyeshadow, Makeup Forever Diamond Shadow, Hard Candy Walk The Liner liquid liner, Benefit They're Real! mascara, Benefit Pose Tint lip and cheek stain, NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight. 

Whether the holiday season is in full swing or things are over and done with....makeup is a great way to have fun and get creative. This silvery shadow inspired me to do something different and wave goodbye to Christmas and New Years. 

Are you sad that the holidays are over? What do you think of this makeup look?

xo Shannon

18 comments:

  1. Oh that is really pretty :)

    artofmi3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon this is my first favorite of the year. It's such a gorgeous makeup and you look beautiful. My holidays aren't over yet, off work till Monday. Lucky me ;)
    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit sad that the holidays are over too.

    Your makeup looks lovely!

    Beauty Inside Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your look is amazing, love it. I'm also a bit sad that the Holidays are over but I'm already looking forward to spring ;) and can't wait it is going to be March.
    Have a great weekend ahead.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so pretty! Your makeup is perfect.

    pissokrisso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still in holiday mood too :( Love the eye makeup :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post ! I'm waiting for the next xoxo ♥
    Happy Year 2015 ! :)
    http://blog017.blogspot.com/
    Kisses from Poland
    Oliwia ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous make-up ! love it :D
    Have a Happy New Year ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning makeup Shannon! Happy new year
    xx
    June Wants It All

    ReplyDelete
  10. very glamours eye makeup
    www.sadeestyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree. I always plan to manage to do a lot of things during the holidays and then time passes way faster than I thought. But I had really relaxing holidays this time, so I'm happy for that! Now January is the time to be productive again :) Your makeup look is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog Shannon!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  12. It' wonderful your make-up
    http://les1995.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! I love it!!! Shining eyes and shining projects for the new year!
    www.micolcirid.it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool shade!
    Happy new year and Thanks For the lovely comment :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow,love how you did the makeup.so beautiful
    wish you a blessed year

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you look GORGEOUS in that make up! I love it ;) Happy New Year, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. buon 2015 cara! questo ombretto รจ stupendo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't like very much creamy eyeshadow but this one is wonderful. Silver is one of my favourite color. You are beautiful as always

    ReplyDelete