Tuesday, June 19, 2012

it is a strange thing to come home. while yet on the journey, you cannot at all realize how strange it will be.


Returning home always results in that same odd feeling - relieved to be surrounded by the familiar and equally disappointed to leave the unfamiliar behind. Before I had even arrived home from New York, I was struck with this feeling.

I got in late last night and am just now starting to catch up with things. I can't wait to write about my experience in New York, and to catch up on what you have all been doing!

How was your weekend?

11 comments:

  1. I'm so so jealous that you went to NYC! Sounds like you had an amazing time and can't wait to hear more! Mine wasn't as exciting...cousin's 21st and I was ready for bed at 10pm haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true... home is always so empty when you arrive. glad you enjoyed NYC!

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shannon that happens to me all the time :)
    When I come back home after a weekend away I feel so bad when I have to unpack my luggage...and it feels weird being back home..

    xo
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so true. sometimes i feel like after venturing out i come home a slightly different person. every single time. it's like your experiences and the people you've met and things you've seen slowly shape you.
    love the blog, by the way!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, how are you? I always love your posts... Enjoy NYC so much, it’s amazing! Oh, in my blog is having raffle... I wait for you!
    xoxo.
    laylafonseca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear about New York! Did you go to see Evita?
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling, it's exactly how I feel when returning from great holidays with great people! But I always love travel stories so share it with us soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog and I like your posts :)

    follow each other?


    love
    marie

    http://iintothegroove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete