Friday, July 26, 2024

review: danessa myricks beauty (love is love palette)


It is always exciting to try makeup from a brand that is new to me. It is especially exciting to try out a palette that focuses on love, representation, and inclusivity. I have seen a few Danessa Myricks Beauty products at Sephora before, but have not taken the plunge because of the prices. However, my mom recently gifted me the Love Is Love Illuminating Eye and Face Pigments palette after she fell in love with it. This palette costs $88 CDN....so I was definitely spoiled with some high end makeup. Ready to take a look inside? Find out how this palette performs? Here is everything you need to know about this colourful release. 


According to the brand, the Love is Love palette is a "celebration of the creativity, beauty, and love of our vibrant LGBTQIA+ community." The intention is to celebrate the beauty of love in all forms with mesmerizing multi-chrome tones. The shade names are Ally, DREAM, Freedom, Worthy, Limitless, Truth, and Embrace. I love the themes of acceptance, celebration, and inclusivity. This is a limited edition release, so if you are interested in adding this to your collection, be sure to act fast. 

There are some pros and cons to consider when it comes to the Love Is Love palette. The cons? The eyeshadow names are not printed inside the palette. Instead, there is a clear plastic sheet inside and the names are printed on the back. I appreciate that the names are still visible, but it is always preferable to me when they are included in the palette itself. The other con is the layout. Though I like the unique shapes and placements, the DREAM shadows down the center are much smaller and are connected, so there is often carry over from one shadow to the next. This means that using a smaller brush for application is essential. As for the pros? Literally everything else. These products are remarkable. Without a doubt, the best formula that I have ever tried. When I applied a shadow on my eyelid for the first time, I literally gasped, because it was so pigmented. It was a jaw drop kind of moment. Even now, as I write this, it is hard for me to wrap my head around the Love Is Love palette. 


Some eyeshadows need to be built up in order to achieve a bright and colourful look. Not these. One swipe was all it took for bold and intense colour. Though it looks vibrant in the photo above, it was even more impressive in person. The DREAM colours down the center are the literal best eyeshadows that I have ever used. They have the best finish and are so pigmented. In a word? Wow. The other shadows in the palette are beautiful as well. Ally and Truth work well on the inner corner. Embrace and Limitless (the purple and black shadows) are the weakest in the bunch, but those dark colours work well balance out all of the rainbow goodness. The largest pans in the palette are Freedom and Worthy, which are described by the brand as being universal highlighters for the eyes, face, or lips. I personally love to use those as cheek highlights or to add an extra little pop to the inner corner of the eye. The white half is actually a gorgeous lilac colour. It pairs well with the bold purple in the center.

The Love Is Love palette from Danessa Myricks Beauty is extraordinary. The eyeshadows down the center of the palette are without a doubt the best that I have ever used. The others are stellar, but wow, the DREAM colours are a real dream come true. Though this palette was expensive, this is a brand that is now on my radar. I am completely obsessed with the formula. 

Have you tried anything from Danessa Myricks Beauty? What do you think of this eyeshadow palette?

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and love your makeup :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the make up look you created. The golden highlight on your eyes is especially wonderful. Nice palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been eyeing Danessa Myricks Beauty products for a while but hesitated due to the price. Your review of the Love Is Love palette has definitely piqued my interest, especially with its vibrant multi-chrome tones and meaningful celebration of inclusivity. It’s a shame about the eyeshadow names not being printed inside the palette, but the performance and pigmentation you described sound impressive. I’m excited to try it myself and see if it lives up to the hype.

    READ MY NEW BLOG POST> THANK YOU>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices are definitely high, but now that I know what the quality is like, I am far more open to buying things from the brand moving forward. The quality is so impressive!

      Delete
  5. As always you look beautiful :) And I really like these colors! They look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning palette, although I'm hearing you on the impractical layout. Glad to read that everything else was to your satisfaction. What a luxurious treat from your Mom! xxx

    ReplyDelete