Monday, July 8, 2024

testing out some grease inspired makeup products

Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion. Grease is the way we are feeling. Though many movies have inspired me during my lifetime, Grease is high on the list. When I was a child, I remember being obsessed with the music and the clothes. I desperately wanted to be Sandy...pre-makeover. A lot of years have passed since I first saw the movie at the house of a family friend, but my love remains. Whenever I am feeling down or a little lost in life, Grease is the answer. It always seems to make me feel safer, happier, and a little more hopeful. Of course, when I found some Grease inspired makeup products from Revolution recently, the display was impossible to resist. There will be another post dedicated to a larger Grease x Revolution eyeshadow palette in the future, but for now, it is time to look at the Pink Ladies inspired cream blush and nine-pan palette. 


The two products shown above are very clearly inspired by the iconic Pink Ladies. (Out of the original Pink Ladies, I always wanted to be Marty. She was so glam!) The first is the Pink Rules! Palette and the second is the Rizzo cream blush. There is a lot to love about both products. To start, there is the theme. I love that the palette is in the shape of a Pink Ladies jacket and that the eyeshadow names have lots of nods to Grease. As for the cream blush, I love that it is named after Rizzo and there is a cute sunglasses pattern on the lid. Those little extras really elevate the Grease theme and ensures that this is a fun collaboration. 


The Pink Rules! Palette has nine different eyeshadows and there is a nice assortment of colours. Of course, there is a bright pink matte shade, but there is also a pink shimmer and a reddish shimmer. To balance out all of those bold colours, there are lots of neutrals to tie it all together. Browns, golds, champagne, and white finish off this colourful but easy to wear eyeshadow palette. There is a bit of a variety in terms of the pigmentation levels (the mattes are nice and rich while the shimmers need to be built up a little more) but all in all, this is a fun eyeshadow palette to use. I love the colour story and the theme. 

As for the Rizzo Cream Blush, this is a wow and a half. I love this blush so much! Lately, bold pink blush has been a bit of an obsession. (I tend to go through phases where I love one kind of colour for a bit, then turn to something else, and then back again.) I love the bright pop of colour this adds and the cream formula seems to be ideal for my skin right now. This looks really glowy and fresh. I typically use a mid-size fluffy brush from Real Techniques to apply this right to the apples of the cheeks. 

So...how were these Grease x Revolution products? Pretty impressive. The Pink Rules! Palette has a wonderful colour story and is true to the theme and the Rizzo Cream Blush is downright phenomenal. This Grease themed collection checks the boxes.

Have you tried anything from the Grease x Revolution collection? Are you a fan of the movie?

22 comments:

  1. I loved blush's colour, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grease is one of my fav summer movie, these products happen just in time!^^
    The palette is great but that blush seems really amazing!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an iconic movie! And the box design is really nice. Love the look on you, you look beautiful as always! And I love the soft pink shade of your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grease takes me way back to the year I turned 17. I agree with Mrs. L that it is such an iconic movie. I was reminded of this when my stepdaughter played in a musical based on the movie a couple of years ago!
    Loving the Pink Ladies inspired blush and palette and the look you created with them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a special movie! How amazing that your stepdaughter was able to be in the musical version! Wow!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colors, your eye make-up looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cool! I love Grease too, and I can't believe I've never seen this collection before. Both the products sound great, and you look fab as always with the FOTD. I am really dying to try that cream blush now! The packaging is super cute for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a cute collection! The cream blush is definitely my favourite item from the line. I've been using it just about every day.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous makeup and lovely palette :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this make up looks super nice, I love the packaging a lot <3 Such perfect. The eyeshadow palette is pretty, love the colours. Your make up look is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Die Farben der Palette sind einfach ein Traum. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete