Friday, May 31, 2024

review: kylie jenner eau de parfum (cosmic)


It is no secret that I love perfume. There are many bottles in my collection and I reach for them based on my mood on that particular day. Sometimes, I like something fresh and clean, and other days, I prefer something that is ultra sweet. Since I adore different scents...I am often gifted perfumes by my loved ones. For the Easter holiday a few months back, my mom treated me to a bunch of Kylie Cosmetics items and Cosmic, the new Kylie Jenner eau de parfum. I was so shocked and excited. As I've mentioned many times before, the Kardashians/Jenners are favourites of mine. Over the years, all sorts of perfumes from Kim and Khloe have been added to my collection. Now? It is time to find out how the Kylie Jenner perfume compares. 

Before discussing the actual scent, it is necessary to talk about the unique bottle design. As you can see from the photo above, this has a rounded cap, but the bottle itself is so unusual and sculptural. It has unexpected curves throughout and looks downright beautiful on my perfume shelf. This is a bottle that stands out but still manages to look elegant. 

Now for the actual scent. According to the brand, Cosmic is a "sweet, warm floral, elevated scent that is perfect for day and night. An ambery floral eau de parfum, the scent is magnetic, addictive, and out of this world. The sculptural bottle was designed to look like a piece of art from another world and is formed to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand." As for the notes, the top notes are star jasmine and blood orange, the middle notes are golden amber accord and red peony accord, and the base notes are vanilla musk accord and cedarwood. This scent is really sophisticated but also nice and light. It has a wonderful balance. Sometimes, more sophisticated scents can be quite heavy, but this still manages to feel light, fresh, and carefree. It is wonderful and rich. Since this is sophisticated and light, it works for daytime events and special nights out. This is ultra versatile and makes my days just a little bit brighter. I have loved displaying this beautiful bottle as much as I have loved wearing this gorgeous perfume. I have no doubt that it will be worn regularly as the spring season fades into summer. 

Have you tried Cosmic from Kylie Jenner? What is your current favourite fragrance?

20 comments:

  1. Great for gift , thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa tarde de sexta-feira. Aproveito para desejar um bom final de semana e um ótimo mês de junho. Produtos maravilhosos, minha querida amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bom dia e um excelente sábado. Aproveito para desejar um mês de junho com muita paz e saúde. Perfume maravilhoso, obrigado pela dica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Der Duft klingt fantastisch und passt perfekt zum Sommer, auch der Flakon ist wunderschön. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You absolutely triggered my curiosity about this scent, Shannon. I'll have to see if I can find somewhere here that stocks it and offers tester bottles. It's been quite a while since I've treated myself to a new perfume! The sculptural bottle has already won me over! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If you come across a tester, this is well worth trying out! The bottle and scent is really beautiful.

      Delete
  6. I love yfood =) And mango is my favourite flavour, it's so fruity and yummie.
    This cosmetic bags are really cute and my friend was happy about her one =) It's really nice to have bags like this for travelling.

    Great review =)
    I like Kylie Jenner a lot, so I would try her parfum too. The smell sounds really good, perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely, will have to give it a smell if i see it! xx

    Danielle’s Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your passion for perfumes shines through in your words! It’s wonderful to hear about your diverse collection and how you choose scents to match your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahoj, recenze sní skvěle, nic jsem zatím od této kosmetické značky nezkoušela, ale vypadá to na velmi podařenou vůní. Díky moc. ☺♥ Měj krásný večer a i víkend.

    ReplyDelete