Monday, May 27, 2024

buffalo shopping haul

Ahead of Mother's Day weekend, my mom told me she wanted to take a shopping trip to Buffalo, NY. So, my dad drove us across the border for a couple days. We went to an absolutely massive mall as well as Target, Walmart, and a handful of other stores. There were all sorts of exciting items to look at...and take home. Keep reading for a peek at my Buffalo shopping haul.


There were all sorts of odds and ends that came home with me. During the time in Buffalo, we went to the Walden Galleria, Target, Walmart, Ross Dress For Less, Barnes & Noble, and lots of other stores. In addition to the items shown in this post, a bunch of Little Debbie snack cakes were purchased. (Even though I am trying to eat healthier, those snack cakes are totally my weakness. Swiss Rolls, Zebra Cakes, I love them all. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that they aren't available in Canada anymore.) As you can see from the photo above, there were some other fun items found during the shopping trip as well. Like a Juicy Couture necklace, Guess necklace, and an assortment of earrings from Kensie. All of those were found at a discount store called Burlington and were a really affordable price. I also found a cute pair of True Religion sunglasses there. Elsewhere, the Kylie Skin Clarifying Gel Cream was found and a couple of cozy mystery novels to add to my Joanne Fluke collection. 


Also during the shopping trip, there was time spent at Primark (technically, there were two separate visits there, because there was too much to look at and choose from). The store had a ton of gorgeous clothes and lots of Disney themed items. To start, here are some Disney themed items. There were two different Mulan sweatshirts. Since Mulan is one of my all-time favourite Disney movies, these were essential. I also bought Stitch themed sneakers, and a pair of High School Musical pajamas. 


It is clear that I have a very serious obsession with the latest Disney movie, Wish. I don't even know how many times I have watched the movie by now, but it is a lot. A lot. Sometimes, when I finish watching it, I just restart the movie so I can watch it again. It is incredible. I love the music and relate so much to the desire for "something more than this" for the world we live in. At any rate, whenever I was something Wish related for sale, it was added to my cart. I could not seem to stop myself. I bought dolls, a t-shirt, plush figures, a Funko, and the DVD. My mom also treated me to this gorgeous wishing tree that lights up and plays music from the movie. I am so in love with it. Even though I am technically an adult, there is still room for wonder.


More Primark finds! Rita Ora had a collection of clothes there and a lot of them were super cute. I found a distressed blue tank top, a green sweater, a golden glittery cover up, and a tote bag. There were some really cute denim pieces online that I had my eye on, but the ones that I liked weren't available in the store. Oh well, everything that I did find was lovely.


Some more fun finds from a few different stores. The floral print dress is a favourite and I wore it over the recent long weekend. It is the first dress that I have found in ages that makes me feel really good about myself. It's been a long time since I felt really confident and comfortable in my skin...so that was a nice change. I also found a cute Hannah Montana sleep shirt and a Jessica Simpson tank top. The latter was actually found at Walmart of all places. I had no idea that she has a line there. 


To finish this shopping haul, here are a few fun items that I found at Rue 21 and Walmart. The first is a graphic t-shirt with metal strings hanging off the bottom. It was so unique and different that I simply had to take it home. The sweater in the middle is totally my style. It has a cute little teddy bear design and then the words "Bite Me" underneath. Hilarious, fun, and cute. The last item is from Walmart and has a skull cowboy design. Clearly, I like clothes that are fun and expressive. 

Though the shopping trip to Buffalo was not something I planned on - and was not necessarily great for my bank account - it was a fun time overall. And I found a lot of really wonderful items from some stores that we do not have at home. 

Have you done any shopping lately? What do you think of this shopping haul?

10 comments:

  1. Great Haul. I love every Disney Wish Items and the Mulan Sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing haul, Shannon! I take it you don't have Primark in Canada? There's a huge store near my office but as I buy most of my clothes second-hand, I do not often go in there. However, I went in during lunch break today and found the most amazing maxi dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, there is no Primark in Canada! So, it was a real treat to be able to visit one. Ooh the maxi dress sounds lovely!

      Delete
  3. How fun it is to go shopping, the truth is that this month I have done nothing but shop for the house, I liked the Disney sweatshirts, the bright pink sweater and the floral print dress. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping for house things is important! Thank you very much <3

      Delete
  4. WOW what a great shopping haul! You really scored. I would love to get to Primark one of these days. I did big shopping when my niece was in town visiting from Paris. I so went off my no shopping ban.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable! It's hard to stay on track all the time!

      Delete
  5. Super haul :) Świetne rzeczy :)

    ReplyDelete