Friday, May 10, 2024

#FOTD: purple makeup look featuring a new lorac blush

Sometimes, an eyeshadow palette inspires a makeup look. Other times, a lipstick shade. Most recently, it was the LORAC Color Source Buildable Blush in the shade Ultraviolet that inspired a #FOTD. Many many many years ago, there was this face set from Sephora that had a beautiful purple blush inside. I loved it so much! Over the years, I have tried out a few purple blushes here and there, but most of them are on the sheer side or seem to be a little more pink than purple. Then I found this LORAC blush in Ultraviolet at a Marshalls for $4.99. It looked bold, bright, and downright exciting. Could it be a replacement for that old favourite from Sephora at last? I simply could not resist finding out. Keep reading for a mini product review and a makeup look.


Blush is a weakness of mine. Some people like to be fairly subtle with blush, simply adding a light flush of colour to the cheeks. As for me? I am heavy handed most of the time. Maybe I have watched too many 80s and 90s television shows for my own good, but there is something about a bold blush that gives me a thrill. Maybe that is why I love the idea of a purple blush so much. It is colourful and fun and totally unapologetic. Makeup is a great way to be expressive and creative, so why not add in a healthy dose of purple? Thankfully, the LORAC Color Source Buildable Blush in Ultraviolet makes it all too easy. This is described as a cool-toned medium purple with a semi-matte finish. It is bright, blendable, and quickly adds interest to a makeup look. 


For this purple inspired #FOTD, a few new and old favourites were used. The eyeshadows were from the Care Bears x Violet Voss Eyeshadow Palette, which included both matte and shimmery purple eyeshadows. This is one eyeshadow palette that I return to over and over again. It is so colourful and fun. It definitely pairs well with this bold purple blush. And speaking of that bold purple blush, on the cheeks was the new LORAC product. On the lips was a NYX matte lipstick in a soft lilac. 

All in all, this was an enjoyable makeup look to create. I have a deep love of purple makeup products, so the LORAC blush in Ultraviolet fits into my collection perfectly. Sometimes, all you need is a little bit of colour to make the day better.

Have you tried anything from LORAC? Would you wear a bright purple blush?

14 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for blush too (especially since my skin is very light so it really does a lot for my complexion) but I'd never dare buying a lilac blush!^^
    And I'd do wrong seen how good it looks on you!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    I have never tried anything from LORAC,
    but is always nice to own makeup that complements the colours of the different outfits of the day one might choose to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Sometimes, it is fun to match things together!

      Delete
  3. So nice eye shadow colour, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blush has a beautiful color. A great make up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boa tarde e um excelente sábado. Espero que você tenha gostado, das matérias da Gruta do Maquiné. Cor linda e maravilhosa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an unusual shade of blush. It's very you, and I absolutely love it. I'm glad you've finally found a replacement for that iconic Sephora blush! xxx

    ReplyDelete