Friday, April 12, 2024

what i've been watching lately (movies and television shows)


There has been a lot of time spent in front of the TV lately. I like to have it on in the background while I work, write, and relax. I've never been all that keen on silence and prefer to fill the space with music or something similar. Silence seems to make my brain go and go and go and go....whereas chosen sounds allow me to focus. So I thought that I would share some of the things that I have been watching lately. There are a couple of movies that really wowed and a couple of nostalgic television shows.


Movies: Totally Killer and Wish. There are a couple of excellent movies on this list. Though I have watched several others recently, Totally Killer and Wish, are the ones that stand out. The first was chosen randomly because I wanted to watch a horror movie. I happened across Totally Killer on Amazon Prime and it checked off every single box. 80s theme, time travel, and campy horror? Yes please. I absolutely loved it. The 80s aesthetic was fabulous and I loved the fish-out-of-water element. Kiernan Shipka was stellar in the lead role as well. The whodunnit element made the movie a really exciting watch. This is one that I plan to rewatch again and again. It was fantastic. The other standout movie that I watched recently was Wish on Disney+. This was a movie that I wanted to see in theatres, but life was busy, and it never happened. However, this was certainly worth the wait. I am obsessed! The movie has all of these nods to previous Disney films and it really pays homage to the fairytale origins of the brand. The music was great, the plot was fascinating, and there was a true villain. Plus, Star was adorable. 


Television Shows: Glee and Melrose Place. Now for the TV shows that have been occupying my time lately. The first is Glee, which is available on Disney+. Confession: I am a total Gleek. I have been since the show first aired. I remember waiting with baited breath for each new episode to air and reading spoilers online about the songs that would be performed. I attended the Glee concert in Toronto and bought all of the music. However, when I got married and moved out of my parents house, my mom and I had to separate out our DVD sets. Sadly for me, she is the one who purchased the Glee seasons, so I had to move out without the New Directions to keep me company. Thankfully, it is currently streaming on Disney+ so I have been watching it from the beginning. Currently, I am on season two. It is such a nostalgic watch for me. Something else I have been watching? Melrose Place. I started this back in the fall, but since the seasons are so long (over 30 episodes per season), it has taken me some time to make my way through season three. But I am enjoying all of the 90s hair and fashion, the soapy plots, and drama.

What have you been watching lately? Have you seen any of these movies and television shows?

10 comments:

  1. Can understand it well. I also like to distract myself from everyday life with films. Wish is cute.
    Have a nice evening xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself in front to the TV quite a lot lately, mostly watching some mindless stuff. It does help me distract myself but if I'm honest I'd rather spend the time reading a book. I do like silence though, but then it has to be really quiet with no disturbing background noises ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable! Sometimes, you just need something mindless and other times, a book is a must. <3

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I haven't watched any of them. Thanks for your review. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw Glee although I have heard that that series is very good, Melrose I do remember seeing it, it is good to remember those times. Lately I'm more hooked on Netflix. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post =) I started with "The Vampire Diaries" again, I can't get enough from them :D
    I have to watch "Wish" too, heard many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! I need to rewatch that show. It's been a bit since I watched it last.

      Delete