Friday, April 5, 2024

#FOTD: blue and brown look (feat. disney villains palette)

Some days, a makeup look is inspired by an excellent makeup palette. Other days, a makeup look is created to make the most of a disappointing makeup palette. The latter is what happened most recently. I found an adorably themed Disney Villains Eyeshadow Palette a little while ago and was excited to put it to use. Since coming back from my Walt Disney World vacation, my mind has been focused on all things Disney, so it only made sense to reach for this themed palette. Unfortunately, the quality was not there. In fact, this is one of the worst eyeshadow palettes that I have ever used. The colour story is wonderful. The theme? Perfection. The shadows? Downright terrible. At any rate, I did my best to create a semi-colourful #FOTD.


The Disney Villains Eyeshadow Palette has a great theme and features iconic Disney villains like Maleficent, Ursula, Cruella de Vil, and the Evil Queen. There are pictures of the characters on the front of the palette, inside the palette, and there are outlines of the characters to contrast the black background. Some of the shadows even have the Maleficent horns pressed into them. As I said, the theme was excellent. The colour story is also fantastic. I love the blues, purples, greys, and browns. Visually, this palette checked off all the boxes. Unfortunately, when I went to actually use the shadows, the pigmentation was weak at best. It took a lot of time for the colours to make any sort of impact. This eyeshadow palette was such a letdown. 


For this #FOTD, I did my best to use this lackluster eyeshadow palette. I started with the light brown shade, Be Prepared, through the crease, but it didn't look like anything at all. So, I added Pretty Evil, the darker brown, through the crease as well. I applied Dreadfully Delightful, the brightest blue, to the lid, but it didn't have a lot of pigmentation despite trying to apply the product with different brushes and my finger. So, then I added on as much Don't Blame Us, a shimmery blue, on top to try to create some sort of colour. Wicked, a matte black, was added through the crease to add some intensity, but even that didn't do much. I really did my best to make the most of a bad situation! As for the rest of the makeup look, there was some liner and mascara to finish off the eyes, a soft pink blush from Too Faced on the cheeks, and a Winky Lux Flower Lip Balm on the lips. 

Though the Disney Villains Eyeshadow Palette was a bust, I did my best to create a (sort of) colourful makeup look. 

Have you ever been disappointed by an eyeshadow palette before? How did you make the most of it?

14 comments:

  1. Wow, your eye make-up looks amazing. I love the blue eyshadow.
    Have a nice evening xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to read that this very promising looking palette turned out to be one of the worst eyeshadow palettes you ever used :-(
    I still love the look you created with it, though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a shame the palette was disappointing. You are right great colors, concept and packaging though. And I must say you did an outstanding job I would never know this palette was a dud from the look you created.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette itself looks with low pigmentation, probably is too much talc in the formula? Anyway the makeup eye looks very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame about the Disney Villains Eyeshadow Palette! It's disappointing when the theme and color story are spot-on, but the quality falls short. Your perseverance in creating a colorful #FOTD despite the palette's shortcomings is admirable. I've definitely been let down by palettes before, but I usually try to layer, blend, and maybe use some setting spray to salvage the look. Keep slaying, even with subpar products! Read my new blog post too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I hate when a beauty product is disappointing. Especially one that is Disney themed! Ha, I love what you said. "Keep slaying, even with subpar products!" Amazing :D

      Delete
  6. What a shame the pigmentation wasn't there, this looks like a fun palette if it was better quality! xx

    Danielle’s Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! If the quality was better, this would have been so great!

      Delete
  7. Oh no! Great theme indeed but that sucks that the eyeshadows were not good:( I mean....that packaging....just stellar but why would they put this type of quality out there? Thanks for this honest review as always, Shannon. You still did a fab job with the FOTD though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Something that cute should perform at least decently! Alas. At least now I know.

      Delete