Wednesday, April 10, 2024

2 looks 1 palette: morphe 35a up til dawn artistry palette


Eyeshadow palettes will always be my weakness. Truth be told, there is something about a thoughtful assortment of colours and finishes that excites me. After all, it is with those colours and finishes that I am able to express the inexpressible parts of myself. The right combination of eyeshadow shades can reveal my emotions, fears, desires, and hopes. Those products seem to speak words unspoken. Other makeup items are wonderful, and I love a good blush or lipstick, but eyeshadow is special. It is the heart of every creation. I suppose that is why there are so many eyeshadow palettes in my collection. Each one has the power to inspire and reveal. More recently, the 35A Up 'Til Dawn Artistry Palette from Morphe has been in heavy rotation. I just love all of the grungy greens and warm browns. Here are two makeup looks for the latest 2 looks 1 palette post. 


Look #1: Grungy Browns. Though there is an awful lot of colour in the Morphe 35A Up 'Til Dawn Artistry Palette (as seen in the colourful pink makeup look featured in the initial review). In addition to the pinks and greens, there are also some really fabulous shades of brown. These are all really warm and can be paired with other shadows to create a grungy kind of look. To create the look above, the shade Wild Abandon was applied on the inner portion of the lid and Spicy Haute was applied on the outer portion of the lid. A bit of Jungle Boogie was mixed with Mystique to create contrast through the crease. Since it difficult for me to stay away from sparkly things, Pearly Hours, was applied lightly on top and in the inner corner. There was lots of In Deep applied along the lower lash line for a smokey and dramatic finish. Some eyeliner and mascara finished off the eyes. As for the rest of the makeup look, it was simple and muted to make sure the eyes were the focus of this grungy brown creation. 


Look #2: Glorious Greens. The green eyeshadows in this palette continue to call out to me. I especially love Lush Life and Jungle Boogie, but all of the greens are fair game. For this look, Lush Life was applied all over the lid, then Jungle Boogie was added to the outer corner, and Nocturnal was blended through the crease. A bit of Nude Swim was used to blend everything out and some 2AM Gem was added to the inner corner. Nocturnal and Lush Life were applied along the lower lash line. Eyeliner and mascara finished the eye look. Bronzer was used on the cheeks and Gingerbread Kiss from r.e.m. beauty was on the lips. 

What eyeshadow palettes have you been using lately? What do you think of these makeup looks?

24 comments:

  1. It looks like there is a nice range of colours in the 35A Up 'Til Dawn Artistry Palette from Morphe. You applied and blended the different eyeshadows beautifully in both makeup looks.
    The Gingerbread Kiss lipstick fro r.e.m. beauty also looks very pretty.
    Your eyes and lips look very beautiful in both photographs.
    The last makeup I ordered was from e.l.f. (eyes lips face) at https://www.elfcosmetics.com

    I'm afraid I still haven't done any new posts since my Aug 5, 2023 post https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2023/08/national-underwear-day-2023-is-it-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a lot to work with! Thank you so much for your kind comment. I hope you enjoyed the e.l.f. makeup you ordered!

      Delete
  2. The palette has a beautiful Color Story. The Grungy Browns Look are great.
    I love Morphe eyeshadows.
    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi new follower here! and wow this palette reminds me of sephora block buster palette, such a wide range of colors to pick from. I'm not using eyeshadow myself but I used to work as makeup artist before so it's nice to see people doing make-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support! I really appreciate it! How fabulous that you used to work as a makeup artist. That must have been really wonderful.

      Delete
  4. Was für eine reichhaltige Palette mit tollen Farben. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many shades!!!
    But you are very skillfull on makep and did a great job with this palette! Love both the make ups, especially the 1st!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boa tarde de quinta-feira. Todas as cores, são lindas e maravilhosas. Parabéns pelo seu trabalho e dica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally digging these two looks, Shannon:) I have never tried a Morphe eyeshadow before (which is crazy!), and I'm totally missing out:( I love all the shades in this palette TBH. I've been using the same Urban Decay and Kevyn Aucoin palettes I've had for years. I'm so boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not boring at all! You know what you like and what works! I'm sure the palettes are gorgeous <3

      Delete
  8. This products are really nice for your feet, they treat them very well.
    Thanks a lot =) It was really nice to meet Pamela again after a short Meet & Greet at the Open Beatz Festival 2022. We talked a little bit and she was so cute <3 Thanks, my outfit was not that good but it was too hot :D
    This jacket is really cute and cozy <3 I love it.

    Great review, this palette looks super nice - so many different and beautiful shades, I like them. My favourite colours would be the pink and green ones.
    Your make up look is nice as always, looks super cute and perfect for spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didnt' know that palette but it has nice colours. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic choice of colours in this palette, Shannon! I particularly love the "glorious greens" look you created.
    I love that you are able to express yourself through make-up, and eyeshadow in particular, and I'm always in awe of your creativity! xxx

    ReplyDelete