Tuesday, October 31, 2023

my favourite halloween accessories.

Happy Halloween! Today is all about candy, costumes, spooky sounds, and themed movies. There are many different ways to celebrate the holiday, so however you choose to spend this Halloween, here is hoping it is a day (and night) to remember. Truth be told, this Halloween season has been a lot of fun for me. My husband and I went to two different Pumpkin Inferno events earlier in the month and visited a Halloween drive-thru light show recently. I also decorated my apartment very thoughtfully (I wanted to make sure each and every item that was out made me happy and represented the magic of spooky season) and watched lots and lots of different movies and cartoons. This has without a doubt been my best Halloween season ever. So...I wanted to share some of the seasonal accessories that have been adding to all of the wonder over the last month or so. 


Ghosts, Ghosts, and More Ghosts. It just wouldn't be Halloween without a ghost or two! Though I don't have a ton of Halloween themed accessories, there are two different ghost shaped earrings in my collection. The first was purchased last year at Spirit Halloween (I went to Spirit Halloween a lot last year, but only visited once this year. I am trying to be a little more thoughtful about my decorations!) and features some ultra sparkly ghosts. These are super adorable but can only be worn for short periods of time, because the earrings are really heavy. The second pair of ghost earrings are a preferable, because they are really lightweight and can be worn all day. Those are from Betsey Johnson and were found at Winners a year or two ago. I like the mismatched ghost design, where each of the little ghosts has their own style and personality. The set is too cute!


Cute and Unusual Halloween Earrings. Clearly, earrings are my go-to Halloween accessory. I have one bat ring in my jewellery collection and a few necklaces, but earrings make me the happiest. Like the frog earrings shown above. These are so unusual and whimsical! I found these at Hot Topic earlier this year and it was love at first sight. There is a clear heart shaped design and in the middle are these little frogs in witch hats. Ever since I was a child, I have had this obsession with cartoon frogs. Not real frogs...cartoon ones. I had (and still have) frog stuffed animals, a robe, accessories, and all sorts of froggie odds and ends. These spooky frog earrings were an absolutely must for me. The other pair of earrings shown never fail to make me smile. These were purchased from a small booth during the vacation that my husband and I took to Montreal and Ottawa. The booth had all sorts of adorable creations, but these pink pumpkins were simply too cute to resist. I love the pink bows, the sparkly pink pumpkins, and the fact that these spooky earrings still had lots of colour and charm. Different in the best way!


Lots and Lots of Ghostface. The Scream movies are some of my favourites. I don't just watch them at Halloween...they are often played in my home. I love the whodunnit aspect of the films as well as the iconic Ghostface character. I believe all of the accessories shown here were purchased from Hot Topic, though the choker may have been a Spirit Halloween find. I'm not totally sure! Speaking of the choker, this is such a fun item to wear, especially with my plaid Ghostface button down shirt. It is dramatic and very different to my usual style, but I love it all the same. The earrings set was a purchase made over the summer and I have worn all of the earrings since then. My favourite pair is the first shown. That classic Ghostface design is all you really need. Though the Call Me earrings are a lot of fun as well. I don't wear the earrings with the knife designs all that often, because they creep me out a bit, but I suppose that is the idea. Especially once spooky season is fully underway. 

There you have it! Those are my favourite Halloween accessories. There are a few others floating around in my collection (like a Hocus Pocus themed choker, some rings with bats on them, and pumpkin shaped earrings) but these are the ones that I have been wearing the most this season. As for my Halloween costume? This year, there will be no cute earrings or chokers as I will be dressed as my childhood crush, Steve Urkel. I've got the suspenders, glasses, and high waisted pants all ready to go. 

What will you be dressed as for Halloween this year? Do you like any of these seasonal accessories?

8 comments:

  1. Yes a really delicious product test =)

    Absolutely nice Halloween accessories <3 Love them. Especially the earrings are super cute. This year I don't have any decoration or something but today I'm Joker :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wirklich richtig schick, da wird man zum Blickfang. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun accessories, Shannon! I particularly love the Betsey Johnson ghost earrings, which are right up my street! xxx

    ReplyDelete