Wednesday, October 4, 2023

theme week: 2000s (totally 2000s blue fur eyeshadow palette)

2000s week continues here on the creation of beauty is art. The last post was all about fashion trends...and the next two posts will be dedicated to makeup. Several months back, there were a couple of BH Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes available at Winners for $6 CDN. With a 2000s inspired theme, these were impossible to resist. The first palette is the Totally 2000s Blue Fur 9 Color Shadow Palette. Ready to find out how this eyeshadow palette performs? Here is everything you need to know.


There is a lot to love right off the bat. The packaging is such a fun throwback. The blue tinted plastic with glitter scattered throughout...not to mention the font...it all reminds me so much of the Mary Kate and Ashley makeup line from back in the day and the Hilary Duff line, Stuff by Duff. (Those brands were actually some of my earlier experiences with makeup. I had lip glosses and shimmery eyeshadow pencils galore.) I also love that on the inside, the eyeshadows are printed with a little flower print. It made me think of Lizzie McGuire. According to the brand, this eyeshadow palette has "an array of frosted baby blues, complimentary neutrals, plus metallics in smooth matte and blingy shimmer finishes." There are frosted baby blues, icy silvers, and neutral hues. Everything about the colour choices screams 00s! Something I don't love about the packaging? There are no shadow names printed inside or on the back. However, there are shade names on the actual BH Cosmetics website. I would have loved to see that information actually available on the palette itself. Apparently, there is literally a shade called Bennifer. How 00s is that?! Simply printing those on the back of the palette would have made a huge difference and tied in the theme.


In terms of the actual quality of the eyeshadows? These are impressive. I have consistently had excellent experiences with BH Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes. Whenever I see them pop up at Winners or somewhere similar...they are instantly added to the cart. The pigmentation level is so impressive and I love the smooth formula. It is so easy to work with! The Totally 2000s Blue Fur Eyeshadow Palette has a lot of icy blues, but also has some really gorgeous warm colours. I've been using the warmer mattes and shimmers to create fall looks lately. I especially love the shade Wayy (first shadow on the second row) applied all over the lid with a bit of Bennifer (third shadow on the second row) applied on top. For the look above, it was all about putting those blue shadows to good use. It created such a fun makeup look. Out of all the eyeshadow shades included in this palette, my favourite is Loser Face (second on the top row) which is this incredible glittery shadow. Some days, it is something that I wear alone, and other days, it is something that I add to other makeup looks. The glitter is so beautiful and stands out from many others in my makeup collection. It is 2000s inspired but is also a really wonderful way to add some extra sparkle.

All in all, the Totally 2000s Blue Fur Eyeshadow Palette from BH Cosmetics was a winner. I love the packaging, the theme, the colour story, and the quality. Since I was able to find this for about $6 CDN, it was an even more impressive product. This is something that has been so fun to use. I can't wait to continue to create special (and colourful) makeup looks using this.

Have you tried anything from BH Cosmetics before? What do you think of this 00s inspired eyeshadow palette?

12 comments:

  1. OmG, that palette is sooooo 2000s!!!! Makes me mind of the first palettes I bought when I was a teen!^^
    But this palette sounds much more "seriuos": these shades look all wonderful and of good quality!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, die Farben sind klasse und stehen dir sehr gut. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous colours, Shannon, and at a bargain price to boot! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything of it, the look is amazing and the colors scream 2000's! I feel nostalgic now ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the glitter palette. I need to get one for the holiday makeup idea.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/uk-smoking-ban.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter is always a good idea when the holidays roll around!

      Delete