Monday, February 8, 2021

love it or leave it? rita ora


Style is subjective. Everyone has their own idea of what does (or does not) make for an aesthetically pleasing outfit. The right combination of pieces has the ability to make you feel inspired and alive....while another combination can leave you wanting more. Perhaps that is what makes fashion so thrilling. You never quite know what you will see. Or how an outfit will make you feel. On that note, it is time for another love it or leave it fashion post here on the creation of beauty is art. Since many areas in the world are locked down to varying degrees, red carpet or event-worthy looks are scarce. Not to worry! Recently, I stumbled upon some pictures of Rita Ora at a taping of The Masked Singer UK. She looked oh-so-glam. Ready to find out if this outfit is a love or a leave? Here goes...


What I Love: There are certainly some highlights to note. For starters, the hair. I absolutely love the sleek, slicked back ponytail with those subtle green streaks. It adds a really unexpected dose of colour. That orange-red lipstick colour is another winner. It compliments those subtle green streaks and adds a certain freshness to the overall look. Another plus? The jewellery. Rita wore a combination of chunky and delicate jewellery for an unexpected but fashion forward choice. Then there are those stunning black boots to consider. They make a statement in the best possible way. 

What I Loathe: Oh boy. That dress. I want to like it....but I don't. The one-sleeve style is cute and fun, but overall, this looks like a cut up t-shirt with a garbage bag pinned to the front. The black ruffled style creates a shapeless and haphazard appearance. Considering how sleek the boots and hairstyle are, this unusual ruffled dress looks even more frumpy. It really detracts from the positive aspects of this ensemble. Another miss? The face makeup. I don't know if it looked fine in person but photographed differently, but the face makeup is several shades too light. 

Was it a love it or leave it? For me, this is a leave. There are some really wonderful aspects to consider, like the hair and the jewellery. Unfortunately, the dress is a complete and utter mess. 

On another note entirely! My latest YouTube video is up. This one is dedicated to a couple of Kendall + Kylie items that were given to me recently. (Some Christmas gifts were delayed due to shipping, so they were given to me after the fact.) Take a look and be sure to let me know what you think.


What do you think of this look? Love it or leave it?

16 comments:

  1. Thanks =) Yes they smell really nice =)

    Great post, I like Rita Ora a lot =) She's so beautiful and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful, her outfit looks great.

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2021/02/staying-warm-in-this-loose-knit.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi Minha amiga, ficou maravilhosa a maquiagem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know much about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meh...that dress is a leave for me too. But love your Kendall & Kylie haul, esp. that sweater:) I'm not a big Kardashian fan, but I don't mind Kendall at all:D

    ReplyDelete